What are you eating just now?

Tribs

I shall post hospital food again if people are interested.

Watching this video - some cool ideas. Gonna make some when I get out of here

Tribs

Because of the damage caused by the virus - my doctor said I really should consider adding fish and chicken to my diet. Especially fish.
Tonight I ate my first piece of fish in more than 30 years. It tasted ok but I think I made the wrong choice. I had crumbed kingklip. My mom fried it and it was much too rich. Luckily you can pull the crumbs off and leave them.

Which fish should I eat that tastes good but not oily? It would have to be on the Green list only

biometrics

Because of the damage caused by the virus - my doctor said I really should consider adding fish and chicken to my diet. Especially fish.
Tonight I ate my first piece of fish in more than 30 years. It tasted ok but I think I made the wrong choice. I had crumbed kingklip. My mom fried it and it was much too rich. Luckily you can pull the crumbs off and leave them.

Which fish should I eat that tastes good but not oily? It would have to be on the Green list only
Jeez, tough being a vegie and the doc tells you to change. Kingklip is quite low in flavour. If that was too much then try hake, that is practically flavourless. But the boxed crumbed fish are flavoured. So get it without a coating.

Tribs

Jeez, tough being a vegie and the doc tells you to change. Kingklip is quite low in flavour. If that was too much then try hake, that is practically flavourless. But the boxed crumbed fish are flavoured. So get it without a coating.
I don't mind flavour - I meant frying it made it really rich / oily. So would prefer steamed I think. Or grilled.

satanboy

Buy fresh fish and cook it yourself.

Omega 3 fish oil supplements = no eating required.

Edit:
I would seek out the advice of a vegetarian (friendly) doctor.

Last edited:

emam

Chopped herring on kichel
5acbbe934e2f1c1cefb72e50c9023471.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nicholas

I like tinned tuna and pilchards.

You can get ostrich burgers and fillets from Woolworths.

Tribs

Buy fresh fish and cook it yourself.

Omega 3 fish oil supplements = no eating required.

Edit:
I would seek out the advice of a vegetarian (friendly) doctor.
Ok I watched The Game Changers - and now am back to being happy being a vegetarian. But really just going to eat well and not worry too much about what. I will have the occasional fish or chicken but probably not when I am cooking.

biometrics

I keep on seeing pics of ramen on Reddit now i really want to try it. @Spizz any idea if I can get it somewhere in Her*anus?

biometrics

Ooh found it, seems my housemate has better google-fu than me. Peartree in Village Square has it. Guess where I’m going Friday evening…

Spizz

I ate a fair bit of ramen in Indonesia. Big Japanese food influence there and lots of restaurants. Haven’t tried at the Pear Tree though.