What are you eating just now?

BloodrayneZA

Did you make the ciabatta yourself?

I have been wondering how hard it would be to actually make bread-roll type things. I've gotten fairly good at loaves of bread now.
One thing I can advise is follow the recipe - amount of ingredients needs to be exact and lots of patience. Different types of bread have different rising times and different methods to work into.

biometrics

I have been wondering how hard it would be to actually make bread-roll type things. I've gotten fairly good at loaves of bread now.
I’ve made bread rolls before using my breadmaker, was easy. Haven’t made ciabatta. I keep a bag of it in my fridge.

CloudStroller

I am somewhat more familiar with bread techniques than I was before lockdown - I have a few pretty decent loaves that I've done over the past little while. Just finished eating this one today:
WhatsApp Image 2020-09-08 at 05.31.03.jpeg
I have never tried rolls though. I have an idea that hamburgers with home-made rolls would taste better.

OCP

Tuna pasta again - kids love it + it's quick and easy...
9f19f5ec7375fa5dea505bd1f6618b1a.jpg

jasong

Ciabatta is tricky to make because of the extremely high hydration level. You can't use a breadmaker.

Normal hamburger rolls aren't difficult and taste much better than store bought.

Brioche buns are a step up in decadence

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Spizz

Woolworths sausage rolls are pretty good. R24.99

When I was in Scotland a couple of months ago we did a blind taste test on my daughters boyfriend who is a huge carnivore. 2 sausage rolls from Greggs the bakers, one normal, one vegan.

Yes, he chose the vegan as the one with meat in it.

So yeah, Linda McCartney sausage rolls are also great. Not vegan but veggie.