What are you eating just now?

Seldom Bucket

Agreed. first thought was eeeew.

I much rather have a proper beef steak, seared medium rare and sliced and slapped onto a bun with salad.
tenor.gif

BloodrayneZA

So you do mushy peas and pie or fish and chips then?
Yeah but they're not as popular as they should be. I work the morning shifts so I can't say for the lunch hour and evening shifts as I don't get the shift rotation like everyone else does. Unless I work every 2nd Sunday and bank holidays.

Apparently their batter fish and chips are very popular on Friday evenings.

Seldom Bucket

Yeah but they're not as popular as they should be. I work the morning shifts so I can't say for the lunch hour and evening shifts as I don't get the shift rotation like everyone else does. Unless I work every 2nd Sunday and bank holidays.

Apparently their batter fish and chips are very popular on Friday evenings.
Mmmm, there was a fish and chips shop here in Durban owned by a British Couple, best fish and chips ever.

BloodrayneZA

Now I want fish and chips
I just cooked 4 sea bass fillets in a bed of garlic, herbs and butter - baked. With new potatoes and salad a couple of days ago - kinda overcooked but still tasted really good. I had been craving fish for a while now and I got it, funnily I despised fish for over 20 years (I blame my hormones) cos the smell put me off and I just couldn't handle it at all. Even when at work, someone else had to sort the fish out. That craving has been put to bed now and it feels good to be eating fish again.

Seldom Bucket

I just cooked 4 sea bass fillets in a bed of garlic, herbs and butter - baked. With new potatoes and salad a couple of days ago - kinda overcooked but still tasted really good. I had been craving fish for a while now and I got it, funnily I despised fish for over 20 years (I blame my hormones) cos the smell put me off and I just couldn't handle it at all. Even when at work, someone else had to sort the fish out. That craving has been put to bed now and it feels good to be eating fish again.
Lunch tomorrow is now Fish and Chips.....

satanboy

Yum! What's the recipe? How did it taste like?

I find that some gluten free recipes turn out horrid and taste like cardboard. The worse part is that all the gluten free breads and buns taste like cardboard in the shops which is why I prefer to make my own.
Tasted great.
500g gluten free flour
400ml water
10g yeast
teaspoon olive oil

let yeast soak in warm water for 10min
mix into flour
leave dough ball for 20min to rest
make rolls
place on pizza stone in 200C oven for 20 min
done