Welcome new members!!!

riscbroker

Yes yes yes I'm late to the party. I was a little slack taking up my invite - which has since disappeared from my PMs - but I got here eventually. Good to see many familiar names.

biometrics

Yes yes yes I'm late to the party. I was a little slack taking up my invite - which has since disappeared from my PMs - but I got here eventually. Good to see many familiar names.
Welcome.

Yeah, a certain website is feeling threatened by this place and tries to delete all traces of The Grotto from there.

biometrics

That's problematic.
Not bothered.

I do some marketing ever few weeks, usually late. When someone RBPs a PM they usually only pick up on it the next morning. Xenforo has a "spam cleanup" option that bans the account and deletes all posts and pm's. By then we've scored another 10-20 members.

Must say it's getting harder to find people to invite, the cool people are here already. ;)

GreGorGy

That's not entirely what I meant. There is talk around there of blocking parts of the forum from public view. Then there's this idea that the news site should be split. Because the news site is the revenue stream. The forum is just a hangout. If it does not represent revenue, then why care if some folks wanna go somewhere else. And some can be in both.

biometrics

That's not entirely what I meant. There is talk around there of blocking parts of the forum from public view. Then there's this idea that the news site should be split. Because the news site is the revenue stream. The forum is just a hangout. If it does not represent revenue, then why care if some folks wanna go somewhere else. And some can be in both.
Meant to post this here but ended up in TK:

Fucking LOL. This is at the top of that site when you're not logged in:

REGISTER FOR FREE NOW
See hidden discussions
| Win great prizes | Get free support

So they are selling the idea of free support. They're not providing it, the members are kind enough to do so. Kind of low if you ask me. Not to mention that advertisers wanted some sections hidden from Google. Scummy place.

Nicholas

Why are we always blaming trolls? Why don't we pick on the Washer at the Ford or a nuckalavee for a change? It seems so unfair to me.