We love cats!

Spizz

My daughters cat is unbelievably gorgeous.

32d17452de64f8a700e0b5eae258f9da.jpg

R

[)roi(]

A little stray cat that had been hanging around the farm for the last few years; and scuttled away at the first sign of humans... and who enjoyed a regular feast of chicken chicks, peafowl chicks and guinea fowl chicks...
...all of a sudden in the space of 3 months he just decided to start moving closer and closer to the house; to the point where he made the decision for us -- he was moving in, whether we liked it or not.

We recently had him neutered and since then the change in his demeanour is remarkable... he gets on well with our other two cats and our dog; he has fattened up a lot; behaves more like a dog than a cat... e.g. follows us around everywhere, and just loves to be picked up onto our shoulders for hugs and kisses -- simply said he can't get enough + he's the most talkative cat we've ever had.

DSC_0878.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Tribs

A little stray cat that had been hanging around the farm for the last few years; and scuttled away at the first sign of humans... and who enjoyed a regular feast of chicken chicks, peafowl chicks and guinea fowl chicks...
...all of a sudden in the space of 3 months he just decided to start moving closer and closer to the house; to the point where he made the decision for us -- he was moving in, whether we liked it or not.

We recently had him neutered and since then the change in his demeanour is remarkable... he gets on well with our other two cats and our dog; he has fattened up a lot; behaves more like a dog than a cat... e.g. follows us around everywhere, and just loves to be picked up onto our shoulders for hugs and kisses -- simply said he can't get enough + he's the most talkative cat we've ever had.

View attachment 26108
Cats like this are very special

R

[)roi(]

Cats like this are very special
They are... I've adopted a few stray cats over the years; but unlike this little fella, they were very wild, and took a few months to settle down, let alone permit you to pick them up and cuddle them. Had I not seen this chap for a few years on the farm scuttling away at the first sight of humans; I'd swear he was somebody's lost pet... he just was so trusting from the get go, seeking out hugs and strokes, even loves his belly to be tickled, and that's very unusual for any stray cat, let alone any cat.

Tribs

They are... I've adopted a few stray cats over the years; but unlike this little fella, they were very wild, and took a few months to settle down, let alone permit you to pick them up and cuddle them. Had I not seen this chap for a few years on the farm scuttling away at the first sight of humans; I'd swear he was somebody's lost pet... he just was so trusting from the get go, seeking out hugs and strokes, even loves his belly to be tickled, and that's very unusual for any stray cat, let alone any cat.
He watched you long enough until he knew he would get those hugs and cuddles. There was no need for him to be afraid.

R

[)roi(]

He watched you long enough until he knew he would get those hugs and cuddles. There was no need for him to be afraid.
Maybe...
...other strays we adopted under similar circumstances were and still are not as easy as he was -- he's quite the unique kitty IMO.

I've experienced a wide spectrum of homing with stray cats -- from a Chucky style monster to this guy. I certainly never varied that much in my approach to justify such a variance -- yet Chucky cat tried to tear me to shreds from day 1; even worse he went all claws in on my right leg and his teeth targeted my testicles -- naturally I was screaming like a girl at the time.

42116main.png

This little fella was nothing like that; he was affectionate from the get go -- if anything we (i.e. me) were the ones who were very hesitant having experienced a Chucky before.

Seldom Bucket

Yoda is a literal dumpster kitty, found him and his litter under there, could only catch Yoda. Weird cat, he is almost 5 years old now, still gives a warning when you get close when he eats, not as bad as it used to be. He likes walking in front of you and just falling over, this means it's now time for his belly scratch (he loves those). This is usually the afternoon greeting.
During the day he's active for most of it and would not let you anywhere near him and at night, specially during winter he comes crawling under the covers

R

[)roi(]

Yoda is a literal dumpster kitty, found him and his litter under there, could only catch Yoda. Weird cat, he is almost 5 years old now, still gives a warning when you get close when he eats, not as bad as it used to be. He likes walking in front of you and just falling over, this means it's now time for his belly scratch (he loves those). This is usually the afternoon greeting.
During the day he's active for most of it and would not let you anywhere near him and at night, specially during winter he comes crawling under the covers
Sounds like a really cool cat.
It's their unique personalities and their quirks that define them, and the reason why we love them.

Seldom Bucket

It's their unique personalities and their quirks that define them, and the reason why we love them.
Would agree, we had many cats over the entire family for many years, the entire family works only on street cats, ones we can catch and can domesticate, others we neuter release and feed.

One of the weirdest cats we had was a tortoise shell called Ghost (She was weird, tortoise shell fur but the tips were all grey, hence the name), she loved toast with a thin layer of butter and Bovril (Not Marmite, had to be Bovril), leave any of those out and she would know and walk away

Seldom Bucket

Then we had another one called Chubby, he had wild cat in his blood, thick, very thick long hair, hair from the ears curling over the ears and these distinctive wild cat ear hair at the tip.
He was a very big cat. We found him driving to the farm house amongst the sugar cane (Nature called stop, was young). Never ever meowed, except when hurt and loved water, he would sit outside the shower door in his silent stare, you open it, and he would walk in and sit by your feet. Unfortunately, Chubby died after one of his hunts with a snake did not go too well.
Come to think about it, a cat that loved water and swim in the pool in summer, is probably one of the weirdest cats we ever had. (I Heard he was probably mixed with a Maine Coon, (Unlike most cat breeds, Maine Coons are known for liking water.) apparently they love water, are big cats and very much what Chubby was)