Vodacom Content Services Info

E

Eddie

We often wonder and have pondered why and how networks control this type of billing, if I read the various postings by persons who sling those insults eg. Vodascum etc. wondering if they would repeat them in the presence of the CEO of Vodacom! I doubt this. I am not employed or receive anything from VC. So of instead of slurring insults, lets spend our energy constructively by application of Caveat Emptor (Let the buyer beware) trying to understand what Vodacom states around this topic.

Their website has comprehensive information around this topic of "Content Services" here: http://help.vodacom.co.za/personal/home/58/395/1024944/What-are-Content-Services#!

We extracted a few important FAQ of interest.

What are Content Services?
Content Services is the term used to describe any content or service like games, music, entertainment etc. that you purchase or subscribe to on your device using your Vodacom mobile number.

This can be anything from Vodacom services like VideoPlay, MyMuze and Vlive! to other services that you have added to your Vodacom account like Apple Music, Netflix and Showmax.
Other services include third party providers like Wireless Application Service Providers (WASPs) that provide content and services independently from Vodacom.

vLive! Is a Vodacom portal which gives you access to a wide range of content, including information on news and sport. In addition, you can download games, music, pictures as well as videos.

WASP services are third party companies that use our Vodacom network to provide mobile content and services that you can subscribe to. Example you can subscribe to ringtones and wallpaper downloads for a specified cost.

Stop Content Services:

How do I stop my subscription to Content Services that are linked to my mobile number?
You can stop any subscription that is charged to your mobile number through any of the options below:
Via *135*997#:

Stop individual subscriptions to Content Services

1. To stop individual Content Services: Dial *135*997#
2. Select option 1 to view individual services to which you are subscribed
3. Select the option of the service from which you would like to unsubscribe
4. Select option 1 to accept
5. You will receive a confirmation message and SMS notification to let you know that the selected Content Service has been successfully cancelled

Stop all subscriptions to Content Services

1. To stop all Content Services: Dial *135*997# and select option 2.
2. If you select this option, all Content Services linked to your mobile number including services like Showmax, Netflix, Deezer and VideoPlay will be cancelled, with the exception of Apple services.
3. Once you have stopped all Content Services, you will receive an SMS confirming the cancellation of the services.

Via SMS:

To stop all Content Services, SMS the words “Stop All” to 31050.
Once you have stopped all services, you will receive an SMS confirming the cancellation of the services.

Via IVR:

If you are a Prepaid customer, simply dial 135. We will verify if you have any Content Services linked to your number and provide you with the option to cancel all content services linked to your number.
Once you have stopped all Content Services, you will receive an SMS confirming the cancellation of the services.

Visit a Vodacom store

Visit any of our Vodacom retail stores and a friendly Customer Care representative will assist you in removing the service from your number.

Call Centre:

Dial 135, free from your Vodacom number, or 082 135 from any other number for assistance with removing services that you would like to cancel.

To unsubscribe from Vlive services:

1. Dial *117# on your device
2. Choose ‘Next’
3. Select ‘Unsubscribe’

EDIT: Having had a similar issue like this, was resolved by using these FAQ info although would not use the Vodacom Store Method as my personal choice.