Virtual Reality Things

Johnatan56

New Pavlov stuff got released.
I keep posting here as VR thread, sorry if annoys you Moose, can start a new thread instead if you want.

Moosedrool

@biometrics What is scarier? Being trapped in the internet lore liminal space known as the backrooms where all sorts of horrible things happen or my friend Freshy doing a Michael Jackson?

1643128066732.png

Johnatan56

Btw, if you haven't played it yet, Hellblade has a VR version as well, it's just 3rd person camera, but it's still pretty good.
Game goes on special for R80 based on steam info.

Johnatan56

Is there a VR version of Dead Space? That should also be terrifying. The game had me jumping at shadows.
Technically Vorpx supports it.

VR makes things a lot more immersive, I even found sections of Half Life Alyx to basically be a horror game (I still can't manage Jeff, each time I jump in I pretty much immediately end again).

Moosedrool

Technically Vorpx supports it.

VR makes things a lot more immersive, I even found sections of Half Life Alyx to basically be a horror game (I still can't manage Jeff, each time I jump in I pretty much immediately end again).

Jeff is hilarious. They force you to get up close to that thing and then throw you in a cellar filled with vodka bottles. XD That was a xcelent game mechanic but unnerving.

Valve: "We didn't try to create a horror game"

Also Valve:

Johnatan56

Jeff is hilarious. They force you to get up close to that thing and then throw you in a cellar filled with vodka bottles. XD That was a xcelent game mechanic but unnerving.

Valve: "We didn't try to create a horror game"

Also Valve:
You should try Cosmodread:

VR survival roguelike.

Red matter is also highly regarded, haven't tried it yet, reviews are all just saying "would have been excellent if early VR, now would just be good".

Moosedrool

You should try Cosmodread:

VR survival roguelike.

Red matter is also highly regarded, haven't tried it yet, reviews are all just saying "would have been excellent if early VR, now would just be good".

Well shit. Why didn't I know about this one?

Johnatan56

Well shit. Why didn't I know about this one?
Tbh, finding the titles of good VR games is difficult, since Indie doesn't advertise well and market is small, and big studios don't seem to release that many good things/much at all, think market will explode within the next 2 years due to huge influx of quest, but then they will be on quest and not steam. Need a quest competitor on PC, SteamOS will hopefully bring this, maybe we'll get a need Valve index with SteamOS support soon enough and then they just need to make sure Steam link works well.

Then general "horror" games:
Got a bit more press and it looks like it could be fun with 4 VR players, but it's not needed, you can also be the only VR player, similar to phas.

And then proper horror:
You can also do Five Nights at Freddy's in VR now.
And then the exorcist: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1156250/The_Exorcist_Legion_VR_Deluxe_Edition/

Then non-horror good games in VR that you should try is the doom port, it's a lot fo fun.
Quest: https://www.doom3quest.com/ which you get through sidequest: https://sidequestvr.com/app/2651/doom3quest
And Index version is BFG, haven't tried it, is a mod as well
https://www.reddit.com/r/ValveIndex/comments/o6qtnt

Moosedrool

Yeah no. FNAF caters for annoying teenagers. Also any fps mod normally means you have to aim with your head.

I'm not going to lie. VRC is still my favourite. It's really weird and cringe at first until you find the correct crowd. Many shooters, climbing games, horror games and suchlike built by users inside. And some of them are surprisingly good but all of them really caters for the social experience.