Ventricular Extrasystole

biometrics

Do any of you have this condition? It's where the heart skips a beat and the next beat is extra hard (or the other way around).

I was diagnosed with it about nine years ago and if it doesn't happen often per minute or it goes away with light exercise it's not an issue.

But went for a new blood pressure and cholesterol script today and doc says it's happening more and isn't going away with light exercise. So he's sending me to a internist for a second opinion. May end up with heart medication. Fuck.

biometrics

People live long fulfilling lives with heart meds. So don't make it a "oh fuck" deal yet.
Already on high blood pressure and cholesterol meds, so I guess adding a third won't kill me.

biometrics

In case you are wondering, I am completely unaware of it normally. It's only after a doctors visit and being made aware of it that I can occasionally feel a "bump beat".

LD50

In case you are wondering, I am completely unaware of it normally. It's only after a doctors visit and being made aware of it that I can occasionally feel a "bump beat".
I also have an irregular heartbeat. It feels very intense when it happens. But I haven't been at a doctor yet. Think I'll stay away for now

LD50

On a more positive note, can you recommend a nice pinotage?

biometrics

Went to the internist to check out my heart. R3,650 bill later! He checked it with ultra sounds and a fancy EKG machine while I had to do increasingly strenuous exercises

Heart is mostly fine, in fact he described some of it’s functioning as “super” but a valve has calcification but is operating normally. Damage caused by years of smoking and drinking. It's permanent but I just need to keep taking my BP and cholesterol meds and it should remain stable.

Need to make some lifestyle changes like reducing my alcohol consumption substantially, in fact he recommend zero alcohol, which isn’t happening, but I will cut out weekday drinking and reduce my weekend consumption, which likely means no red wine. Also need to exercise regularly which I’ve been planning anyway.

The ventricular extrasystole goes away with exercise which he was happy with.