Unbelievable censorship on MyBroadband

Wetiko

I am serious.
Well, you have every right to your opinion... Even if that means believing that some random guy, who you know nothing about, is the only thing preventing the mythical herd immunity we've been hearing about for almost 2 years now. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

biometrics

Well, you have every right to your opinion... Even if that means believing that some random guy, who you know nothing about, is the only thing preventing the mythical herd immunity we've been hearing about for almost 2 years now. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.
It's ok, you'll be excluded from polite company soon enough. Want to go to a sports event, a restaurant, theatre or a movie, show you vaccine certificate. It's coming. Get used to it. We don't want to breathe the same air as you. Deal with it.

Last edited:

Paul Hjul

That seems very reasonable. Can't say why they booted you. You're not going to get a lot of pro mybb comments here, though many members here are members there too.
Ja either he is lying here and put out some absurdly insane disinformation on MyBB or there is another bit of bias and bullshit on MyBB - quite possibility the moderating team mistook him for somebody they hate.

MyBB mods turn a blind eye to hate speech, racism, sexism, rampant stupidity and dishonesty all the time. Maybe he used the phrase blind or deaf in a way that triggered somebody or was perceived to be attacking fundamentalist Christianity or being homophobic without wrapping himself in the evangelist flags. There is a really funny thing on MyBB where gay bashing is rightly denounced unless it's using discourse from within Christianity.

biometrics

Ja either he is lying here and put out some absurdly insane disinformation on MyBB or there is another bit of bias and bullshit on MyBB - quite possibility the moderating team mistook him for somebody they hate.

MyBB mods turn a blind eye to hate speech, racism, sexism, rampant stupidity and dishonesty all the time. Maybe he used the phrase blind or deaf in a way that triggered somebody or was perceived to be attacking fundamentalist Christianity or being homophobic without wrapping himself in the evangelist flags. There is a really funny thing on MyBB where gay bashing is rightly denounced unless it's using discourse from within Christianity.
He started off well enough. Now he just sounds like @SoldierMan, @TwoPunnyFourWords / Xarog, @EmJay, or the now deleted @rambo919 and @[)roi(].

Wetiko

It's ok, you'll be excluded from polite company soon enough. Want to go to a sports event, a restaurant, theatre or a movie, show you vaccine certificate. It's coming. Get used to it. We don't want to breath the same air as you. Deal with it.
There are two likely possibilities that I can see for how this situation plays out:
  1. Mandates get bad enough fast enough that a large slice of the population will protest and take back the freedoms they were born with
  2. Mandates move slowly enough that the unvaccinated who are shunned create their own parallel society with alternatives to all those things
Sounds an awful lot of like apartheid or Nazi Germany to me... But what do I know.

He started off well enough. Now he just sounds like @SoldierMan, @TwoPunnyFourWords / Xarog, @EmJay, or the now deleted @rambo919 and @[)roi(].
I guess anyone who has a different opinion sounds the same.

Wetiko

Yeah the level of double standards is some sick kind of joke... Would be hilarious if that was the actual reason they falsely banned me. :ROFLMAO:

biometrics

1. Mandates get bad enough fast enough that a large slice of the population will protest and take back the freedoms they were born with
Lol, not happening in SA. Can't even organise a piss up in a brewery here.
  1. Mandates move slowly enough that the unvaccinated who are shunned create their own parallel society with alternatives to all those things
Perfect, thanks.

Wetiko

Lol, not happening in SA. Can't even organise a piss up in a brewery here.

Perfect, thanks.
Never say never... South Africans are known for their rioting and looting. But otherwise, we're in agreement for the most part.

I'd never advocate for forced segregation of any kind... But I also won't get worked up about people who don't believe in basic human rights segregating themselves from the rest of society and being treated like prisoners in a police state, especially if they have an irrational fear of the filthy dissidents. Life may just end up being more peaceful that way.

No matter what happens... It'll sure be interesting!

Australia is leading the way with the mandates, and everyone over there is loving them. :)

I'm getting serious hunger games vibes already from seeing the special upper class who has blind obedience to the elite class being allowed the privilege of attending their sports event. :unsure:

biometrics

Never say never... South Africans are known for their rioting and looting. But otherwise, we're in agreement for the most part.

I'd never advocate for forced segregation of any kind... But I also won't get worked up about people who don't believe in basic human rights segregating themselves from the rest of society and being treated like prisoners in a police state, especially if they have an irrational fear of the filthy dissidents. Life may just end up being more peaceful that way.

No matter what happens... It'll sure be interesting!

Australia is leading the way with the mandates, and everyone over there is loving them. :)

I'm getting serious hunger games vibes already from seeing the special upper class who has blind obedience to the elite class being allowed the privilege of attending their sports event. :unsure:

This thread seems like it should be merged with this one as it's not really about MyBB anymore. Yes/no?

Wetiko

This thread seems like it should be merged with this one as it's not really about MyBB anymore. Yes/no?

I'd rather remove my 2 off topic comments, than merge 9 pages of mostly on topic comments with an unrelated thread.

This thread was made for a very different reason, and it's important that people are able to see it.

I didn't want to discuss anything else, but you brought it up, and it would have been rude to ignore you.

Last edited:

biometrics

I'd rather remove my off topic comments. This thread was made for a very different reason, and it's important that people are able to see it.

I didn't want to discuss anything else, but you brought it up, and it would have been rude to ignore you.
Fine.

Wetiko

I said everything I came here to say in my first post.

It's nice of you to think of me, but I've got far better things to do than interact with a bunch of trolls. :rolleyes:

You can go back to your preaching, negativity and other mind-numbing crap.

greg0205

It's nice of you to think of me, but I've got far better things to do than interact with a bunch of trolls. :rolleyes:

Don't take short cuts on your path to acceptance, Wetiko. Short cuts don't resolve trauma and it's best to deal with that trauma now, rather than ignoring it and letting it fester.

Your OP was a forum expression of denial, and I see you're in stage two now: anger.

That's okay, pal.

Let it all out.

Tell the world just how angry you are at it.

We're here for you, especially when you get to bargaining; and I promise I'll bring the jokes to cheer you up when depression sets in.

Spizz

Don’t you stop to think for a minute that if you are the only right one and everyone else is wrong, you may just have a or two to question to ask yourself?

There is no gang here and no one was waiting for you to arrive. You came, said your bit, now most people think you are a lunatic.

Go think for a bit why.

Wetiko

Your OP was a forum expression of denial, and I see you're in stage two now: anger.
You're just projecting your own denial and anger, exposing that which is inside you.

Don’t you stop to think for a minute that if you are the only right one and everyone else is wrong, you may just have a or two to question to ask yourself?

There is no gang here and no one was waiting for you to arrive. You came, said your bit, now most people think you are a lunatic.
I understand that you're still trying to convince yourself and others that you're right, and I'm just some lunatic... Even if all you have is baseless gaslighting and empty ad-homs. That's okay. I know that you feel compelled to attack anyone who poses a threat to the illusion you live under. You wouldn't want anyone taking a moment to consider just how rational and sensible the opinions I hold really are.

Some friendly advice mate: Work on improving your self control and allowing others to have their own opinions. When you try to diminish others and discredit what they believe without reason, it only exposes your own insecurities.

greg0205

You're just projecting your own denial and anger, exposing that which is inside you.

I understand that you're still trying to convince yourself and others that you're right, and I'm just some lunatic... Even if all you have is baseless gaslighting and empty ad-homs. That's okay. I know that you feel compelled to attack anyone who poses a threat to the illusion you live under. You wouldn't want anyone taking a moment to consider just how rational and sensible the opinions I hold really are.

Some friendly advice mate: Work on improving your self control and allowing others to have their own opinions. When you try to diminish others and discredit what they believe without reason, it only exposes your own insecurities.

What anger and denial would I be projecting?

I’m a member in good standing on both forums… You, however, can claim only half of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro