UFO/UAP update. You probe it

LD50

Live roundtable on historic UFO hearing | NewsNation Prime

Also check out NewsNation as a reputable news channel

I've ALWAYS been extremely sceptic about this shit and ghosts. However, after watching Encounters recently on Netflix I started to Google this topic and found the above Youtube segment. I just don't know but are open to ideas...

Comments please.

Baxteen

my opinion is there is a high statistical chance of other life.
but our current understsanding of physics shows there is no way of faster than light travel.
so while there might be life out there, meeting it is highly unlikely.
add to that if there is faster than light travel what would be the benefit of visiting a backwater planet like ours? what is there to gain for a species that has mastered FTL travel?

the way I see it people want someone to take away the problems instead of facing reality. much like needing religion to take away accountability the belief in UFO is rooted in the need for someone else to do the heavy lifting instead of doing it themselves.
UFO rumours are most likely just a cover up for some weapon, a marketing stunt by some media corporation, or the most likely option a way for snake oil salesman to take advantage of gullible people.

healing crystals = politicians = faith healers = evangelical religious figures = men's rights activists = MLM sales people = UFO believers = Flat earthers = 5g alarmists = Diet pill salesman

its most likely just a way to con people out of money rather than actual aliens.

Baxteen

That's like an hour and a half long. Got the short version?
haven't watched but I will guess:
waffle with ambiguous phrases. throw in some hard to prove "evidence" bring some witnesses.
name drop a few backwater towns that are now going to see big tourism booms that likely paid for the spotlight.
make sure all ads are enabled that YouTube allows.
some subtle product placements.
leave the viewer questioning the possibilities by citing some pseudoscience, or calling into question if we have a true understanding of physics. at least 3 mentions of the phrase "cover up"
its a late night infomercial selling nothing but somehow making money off people's distrust in governments combined with the constant need to feel smarter than everyone else. classic scam techniques. but of course anyone watching that will walk away wanting to believe in it because there is lots of subtle little ego stroking moments that are aimed to make the viewer feel superior for simply watching, while also shaming those who don't believe.
create an "us vs them" mentality and then profit off the masses following.

LD50

haven't watched but I will guess:
waffle with ambiguous phrases. throw in some hard to prove "evidence" bring some witnesses.
name drop a few backwater towns that are now going to see big tourism booms that likely paid for the spotlight.
make sure all ads are enabled that YouTube allows.
some subtle product placements.
leave the viewer questioning the possibilities by citing some pseudoscience, or calling into question if we have a true understanding of physics. at least 3 mentions of the phrase "cover up"
its a late night infomercial selling nothing but somehow making money off people's distrust in governments combined with the constant need to feel smarter than everyone else. classic scam techniques. but of course anyone watching that will walk away wanting to believe in it because there is lots of subtle little ego stroking moments that are aimed to make the viewer feel superior for simply watching, while also shaming those who don't believe.
create an "us vs them" mentality and then profit off the masses following.
I know. This is the first reaction we all have. I'm still a sceptic at this point. However, I am asking myself the following question; Why does the US government entertain this ? Watch the hearing video.

LD50

@Baxteen , I 've been watching UFO documentaries since 1992 and they have always been laughable. Big eyed alien entities upducting hillbillies, inserting micro chips in their bellies etc.

biometrics

I know. This is the first reaction we all have. I'm still a sceptic at this point. However, I am asking myself the following question; Why does the US government entertain this ? Watch the hearing video.
We are not alone, but we are alone. Some bacteria on Europa would be nice.

biometrics

Wish I didnt have to type
I suspect our smart people have figured out physics pretty accurately. So speed of light is a real issue. Space is huge. FUCKING. HUGE. I don't think there are many biological beings that care for that travel. So we send out probes, because we are curious. We do it. They do it.

Nicholas

I suspect our smart people have figured out physics pretty accurately. So speed of light is a real issue. Space is huge. FUCKING. HUGE. I don't think there are many biological beings that care for that travel. So we send out probes, because we are curious. We do it. They do it.

“Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.”

― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

satanboy

We hope they are not like humans because then it will be war.

Nicholas

Why did the CIA look into clairvoyance?

Who makes up the US government?

UAP needn't necessarily be from some stupendously advanced civilisation, but experimental aircraft from other countries or misidentified objects.

Nicholas

my opinion is there is a high statistical chance of other life.
but our current understsanding of physics shows there is no way of faster than light travel.
so while there might be life out there, meeting it is highly unlikely.
add to that if there is faster than light travel what would be the benefit of visiting a backwater planet like ours? what is there to gain for a species that has mastered FTL travel?

the way I see it people want someone to take away the problems instead of facing reality. much like needing religion to take away accountability the belief in UFO is rooted in the need for someone else to do the heavy lifting instead of doing it themselves.
UFO rumours are most likely just a cover up for some weapon, a marketing stunt by some media corporation, or the most likely option a way for snake oil salesman to take advantage of gullible people.

healing crystals = politicians = faith healers = evangelical religious figures = men's rights activists = MLM sales people = UFO believers = Flat earthers = 5g alarmists = Diet pill salesman

its most likely just a way to con people out of money rather than actual aliens.
So much to like here.