Twitter Insider Video Shows Jack Dorsey Admitting Political Censorship Won’t End Soon

Y2K

Doesn't mean you should follow in their footsteps and become what you dislike. Just because the world seems to not care doesn't mean your heart should grow cold.
Understandable I'm not saying you should but, you're not going to change shit especially when you're getting upset over a single individual in a forum.

dabean

Understandable I'm not saying you should but, you're not going to change shit especially when you're getting upset over a single individual in a forum.

Kantian view of people as an end in themselves and not a means to something else.

Spizz

It’s a tough one but I understand Bio’s point completely.

The amount of disinformation and fake news out there makes me wonder if people can handle free speech. And if the result is people dying through ignorance, whether it’s not vaccinating your child or being shot storming the Whitehouse, maybe it’s better we have regulated platforms.

Before the internet we were fed what our respective governments wanted to feed us and the US and U.K. etc were proud of their right to free speech. But that meant shouting from a soap box and not being arrested, now it means incredibly stupid people thinking they have the inside track on every subject imaginable because they read a post on Facebook.

Maybe we just need to redefine what free speech is. And to also understand that social media platforms regulating themselves is actually private companies trying to limit the damage done by those who seek to spread disinformation.

You don’t agree with Twitter banning Trump? Cool, maybe you are at odds with the political views of the owners of Twitter. Go tell your friends and family how you feel safe in the knowledge that the state police won’t come and arrest you because you were overheard in a pub.

SoldierMan

I'm passionate about liberty and freedom, I don't really get upset, just passionate. I'm not trying to change the world just have a conversation about freedom on a forum I happen to frequent. I'm a libertarianso I believe that all people should have the right to freedom of speech.

I mean they banned Ron Paul on Facebook for goodness sake, Ron Paul the most kind decent politician you ever met. He's not inflammatory or violent or any of those things but he spoke truth.

If they can ban him they can ban anyone.

Look, it's pretty simple, if you (not you) think that some people's freedom of speech should be limited or taken away then YOU should be next in line and your freedom should be taken too, just to even things out, otherwise you know it's rules for me and rules for thee.

biometrics

I'm passionate about liberty and freedom, I don't really get upset, just passionate. I'm not trying to change the world just have a conversation about freedom on a forum I happen to frequent. I'm a libertarianso I believe that all people should have the right to freedom of speech.

I mean they banned Ron Paul on Facebook for goodness sake, Ron Paul the most kind decent politician you ever met. He's not inflammatory or violent or any of those things but he spoke truth.

Look, it's pretty simple, if you (not you) think that some people's freedom of speech should be limited or taken away then YOU should be next in line and your freedom should be taken too, just to even things out, otherwise you know it's rules for me and rules for thee.
You don't have that right on private company platforms. You are welcome to stand on a box in a park and say whatever you want.

• Haha
Reactions: Y2K

SoldierMan

You don't have that right on private company platforms. You are welcome to stand on a box in a park and say whatever you want.

It's not a private company anymore when a few social media giants become the modern day equivalent of the public square. They have become so big that without them people are silenced and specific agendas/narratives are pushed, despite them saying that they merely serve as a platform for opinions. When they silence only certain views then they cease to become that platform for all opinions and become a pusher of a narrative, which they can be held liable for the content that is put out. But they don't want that either. They want their cake and to eat it too. This very issue has been raised in congress.

They have become monopolies, and those are illegal.

Y2K

Well it kinda sounds like you're dictating, because that person does not agree with what you say whether it be right or wrong they should lose the right to it. It doesn't matter how they see it.

SoldierMan

Well it kinda sounds like you're dictating, because that person does not agree with what you say whether it be right or wrong they should lose the right to it. It doesn't matter how they see it.

Seriously? Come on man, I'm playing THEIR GAME. He thinks of nothing to ban someone and take away their freedom of speech so I will do the same, see how he likes it when the roles are reversed.

Are you allowed to ban someone from your platform because they are black? Surely then the same can be applied to religious and political affiliation.

• Haha
Reactions: Y2K

Y2K

Seriously? Come on man, I'm playing THEIR GAME. He thinks of nothing to ban someone and take away their freedom of speech so I will do the same, see how he likes it when the roles are reversed.

Are you allowed to ban someone from your platform because they are black? Surely then the same can be applied to religious and political affiliation.
I smell a troll.

R

rambo919

There is no point to try and convince people that this censorship is dangerous it seems..... they seem so somehow think that the precedent it sets will never apply to them.... even though history clearly states it eventually applies to everyone.

"As long as it's a ban on idea's I disagree with" assuming that their ideas are and always will be immune somehow in a "us vs them" scenario.... that worked VERY well in the past of course with all revolutions.

But hey, if someone refuses to learn from history..... that's their business.

EDIT: I say this not even having an active twitter account to begin with, only signed up and logged in once for a stupid competition.

R

rambo919

The funny thing is it's possible that Dorsey is not actually the big gaslighter people make him out to be.

It's quite possible that he actually has did too many bad drugs and has drunk the coolaid.... that he actually believes he has a holy evangelistic duty to leftivise the twitersphere making every single word he says the honest truth...... he does seem rather out of it whenever he says something tbh....