Trump tests positive for coronavirus

Paul Hjul

The 25th amendment can be temporary. Reagan did it once and W did it twice, albeit for mere hours.
Its always temporary. The part people mean when they invoke it. The full text has multiple sections relating to modifying the Presidency but the focus tends to be an section 4 (where VP with cabinet backing takes charge) and 3 where the president says the VP gets to act. Interestingly section 3 has until Frumty not been contentious in its use and drafts are prepared but not put into effect except the three occasions where general sedation kicked in whereas section 4 has a certain hostility to its use. So Reagan got shot and the documents were prepared but not but in but when he went for a colectomy invoked section 3. 2 of the 3 actual invocations have involved a colonoscopy procedure. Probably the best illustration of the abandonment of precedent by Republicans lies in non-application of Article 25 whenever a doctor looks at Tump as any protracted medical examination of anus would trigger concern.

Moosedrool

I'm not anti trump. I think the world is more hysterical than him. Many people got covid, I don't see what the big deal is.

Moosedrool

Oh right, misunderstood.

I saw him talk for four minutes non stop last night. No coughing or shortness of breath.

I have my suspicions that this is all a show.

I had 16 colleagues who had this. The only one who coughed more than my smoker self ended in the hospital and died.

Moosedrool

How come you know so many people that had it?

Break out in one of our branches. They all followed procedure and wore masks and such however the core of our industry relies on essential services since we do IT for ER and such.