Today In History

Seldom Bucket

Camel Corps of the Egyptian army in Egypt on this date January 28 in 1942

EsqQFFaWMAALG3d

satanboy

29 Jan 2006 - Arctic Monkeys
Arctic Monkeys went to No.1 on the UK album chart with their debut album 'Whatever People Say I Am That's What I'm Not'.

Seldom Bucket

U.S. Marines at Bougainville Island on this date January 29 in 1944. Photo credit: U.S. Marines Corps.

EsqekFAXcAAzz_k

Seldom Bucket

John Lennon and Yoko Ono at a protest in front of British Overseas Airways Corp. offices in New York City on this date February 5 in 1972. The protest called for the withdrawal of British troops from Northern Ireland. Photo by Ron Frehm

EtF4dsdXEAErz5Q

Düber

John Lennon and Yoko Ono at a protest in front of British Overseas Airways Corp. offices in New York City on this date February 5 in 1972. The protest called for the withdrawal of British troops from Northern Ireland. Photo by Ron Frehm

EtF4dsdXEAErz5Q
:p Where is his mask? And Yoko wearing hers on her chin...

Papa Smurf

Today a year ago no one thought we would be walking the public streets as the Chinese do with masks every day.
There was lots of talk about Wuhan and all this Covid19 nonsense.

We down here in RSA just laughed it off.

Look where we are now, the 3rd wave is coming this winter

Image result for winter is coming

biometrics

Today a year ago no one thought we would be walking the public streets as the Chinese do with masks every day.
There was lots of talk about Wuhan and all this Covid19 nonsense.

We down here in RSA just laughed it off.

Look where we are now, the 3rd wave is coming this winter

Image result for winter is coming
I thought it would be much worse than it turned out to be, ordered his and hers respirators on 22 Feb:

1614765884767.png

satanboy

09 March

1970 - Black Sabbath
Having recently changed their name from Earth to Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward made their concert debut at The Roundhouse, London.

Born
1942 - John Cale
Welsh singer, songwriter and record producer, John Cale who was a founding member of the American rock band Velvet Underground, who released the 1968 single 'White Light, White Heat', and the classic 1967 album Velvet Underground And Nico 'peeled banana' album. He produced the first albums of the Stooges, the Modern Lovers, Patti Smith, Squeeze, and Happy Mondays.

biometrics

Yes
But this week a year ago it was unspoken of
It was only later we were told by Uncle Cyril that it was going to happen and thats when it started affecting all of us
From what i remember
Cyril announced it on the 23rd so you're a week early. :p

biometrics

Yes
But this week a year ago it was unspoken of
It was only later we were told by Uncle Cyril that it was going to happen and thats when it started affecting all of us
From what i remember
A state of disaster was announced on the 15th, so ok I'll give you that this week was the last normal one.

On 15 March, the President of South Africa, Cyril Ramaphosa, declared a national state of disaster,[6] and announced measures such as immediate travel restrictions and the closure of schools from 18 March.[7] On 17 March, the National Coronavirus Command Council was established,[8] "to lead the nation's plan to contain the spread and mitigate the negative impact of the coronavirus".[8][9] On 23 March, a national lockdown was announced, starting on 27 March 2020.[10] On 21 April, a 500 billion rand stimulus was announced in response to the pandemic.[11]