Threadkiller

Sinbad

Panel that interviewed me had their debrief yesterday.
Not heard anything yet.
Naive optimist in me says that if I didn't make it they'd have let me know today, and the delay indicates they're putting an offer together.
Toughest interview process I have ever experienced...
Got my feedback late yesterday afternoon. Short version, "not now". They have given me a couple of areas I need to work on and provide evidence for improvement, and are setting up another round of interviews in Jan or Feb next year. Unusual, according to their policy the feedback is either yes or no, and no details will be provided. Also, they told me their debrief ran 50% over time because they were wrestling with the decision.

I know that I did not do well in the interviews. I was completely intimidated and very much not myself during the process. So I guess this is as good a result as I could hope for. I know I fluffed it because one of the areas they said I was weak was networking... lol. Right. So, I'm going to quickly do their advanced networking certification to prove a point :p

biometrics

Got my feedback late yesterday afternoon. Short version, "not now". They have given me a couple of areas I need to work on and provide evidence for improvement, and are setting up another round of interviews in Jan or Feb next year. Unusual, according to their policy the feedback is either yes or no, and no details will be provided. Also, they told me their debrief ran 50% over time because they were wrestling with the decision.

I know that I did not do well in the interviews. I was completely intimidated and very much not myself during the process. So I guess this is as good a result as I could hope for. I know I fluffed it because one of the areas they said I was weak was networking... lol. Right. So, I'm going to quickly do their advanced networking certification to prove a point :p
It's not a "no" so improve your skills and kill in Jan/Feb.... and now what you know what the process is you'll be more relaxed next time. In any case, it's not like you don't have a job atm.

Dave

@Dave, saw this in a SA reddit thread, do you think that is the UK? Doesn't look like SA.

View attachment 29462

Houses do look like they could be UK but unless that’s a private road I’m a little sceptical, here the councils can be held financially responsible for vehicle damage if a pothole is reported and not repaired in a reasonable time and that looks like many months (at least) of degradation.

Dave

Having said that, potholes have become a much bigger problem over the last ten or so years due to cuts to local government by the government. Where they would have cut a whole segment of the road out and relaid the whole lane they now try and fix by simply filling the hole as it’s cheaper and invariably the hole just comes back.

biometrics

Having said that, potholes have become a much bigger problem over the last ten or so years due to cuts to local government by the government. Where they would have cut a whole segment of the road out and relaid the whole lane they now try and fix by simply filling the hole as it’s cheaper and invariably the hole just comes back.
I can't complain about the places I have stayed in the Western Cape. Really all well run. Not a pothole in sight ever. From Melkbos to Cape Town to Hermanus.

That said, the only traffic light in town has now been malfunctioning for 6+ weeks. It has a DA poster next to it that says they get shit done. Grrr...

satanboy

I can't complain about the places I have stayed in the Western Cape. Really all well run. Not a pothole in sight ever. From Melkbos to Cape Town to Hermanus.

That said, the only traffic light in town has now been malfunctioning for 6+ weeks. It has a DA poster next to it that says they get shit done. Grrr...
You should have tried Table View in winter

biometrics

Finally couldn't take the Android Chrome ads anymore, but I prefer the browser. I see Adblockplus has a Android Chromium based browser. Yay, no more ads and it looks and works the same.

LD50

Call me crazy, trailer trash, low class whatever. You can call me Susan if it makes you happy but this gin and Fanta orange REALLY goes down well

spiderz

V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
/licks