Threadkiller

Sinbad

I did say you're going to need aircon...
Being cunning today. Not sitting with all the doors and windows open while outside temp > 25 ... may as well make use of the excellent insulation to keep the heat out!

Just the sun streaming in through the windows is heating the place up a bit... Shutters due to be installed in about a month :/

Rain forecast for this evening.

Venomous

Being cunning today. Not sitting with all the doors and windows open while outside temp > 25 ... may as well make use of the excellent insulation to keep the heat out!

Just the sun streaming in through the windows is heating the place up a bit... Shutters due to be installed in about a month :/

Rain forecast for this evening.
Ouch!
So all a work in progress.

I hope you get some rain to cool things down a bit

Sinbad

Ouch!
So all a work in progress.

I hope you get some rain to cool things down a bit
Very much work in progress. They're coming to measure up tomorrow to build out the office suite. The room is tiny,like 2.5m x 1.4m, so fitting two desks, some drawers, cabinets, bookshelves etc is a challenge!

Furniture is still mostly off the west coast of Africa somewhere

Venomous

Very much work in progress. They're coming to measure up tomorrow to build out the office suite. The room is tiny,like 2.5m x 1.4m, so fitting two desks, some drawers, cabinets, bookshelves etc is a challenge!

Furniture is still mostly off the west coast of Africa somewhere
That's not a bad space it you're planning the shelves and 1 desk. 2 desks will make it a bit more tricky

Oh dear. Hopefully the ship makes it without delays.

Sinbad

That's not a bad space it you're planning the shelves and 1 desk. 2 desks will make it a bit more tricky

Oh dear. Hopefully the ship makes it without delays.
1631120339519.png
with a bookcase at the bottom right up against the near wall.
When we have a bit more cash we will do this as well:
1631120434658.png
a row of eye level cupboards for storage, with LED lights under for lighting the workspaces.

Ship has already been hectically delayed. We missed the ship we were supposed to be on because of the KZN riots and transnet malware.
This one is running about 10 days behind schedule already.

Venomous

As most of you know. Mr's sister passed away due to cancer a few years ago.

Mr and her hubby(widower), we'll call him Stan, not his real name, made arrangements this weekend to get together and have a meal.

Stan and his son asked questions about the whole covid thing and how I'm doing. Then our daughter brings up that sunday night they spent at the hospital with me. Suddenly Stan and son's mood changes. A week before she passed away the treating oncologist gave her a year. So when she landed in hospital Stan was like "she probably just needs some meds and hospital rest."
And early that evening it was "come say good bye"

I can only assume their thoughts were going back to then. The general atmosphere at the table took a dive after that.

Venomous

View attachment 28529
with a bookcase at the bottom right up against the near wall.
When we have a bit more cash we will do this as well:
View attachment 28530
a row of eye level cupboards for storage, with LED lights under for lighting the workspaces.

Ship has already been hectically delayed. We missed the ship we were supposed to be on because of the KZN riots and transnet malware.
This one is running about 10 days behind schedule already.
Looking at top pic. Bottom cupboards

"Move"the shelves very left to the left corner. Your current design has dead potential cupboard space then you put a small L shape cupboard or book shelf under the desk. And very left where now a cupboard, you either put a wood panel for support or some of those nice modern steel poles/pillars to support the desk surface.

Edit even the top cupboard can be changed to a corner cupboard. You'll appreciate the extra space

biometrics

What do you mean?
We have both Magnesium L-Threonate and Magnesium Glycinate (you have this). She was told to take the L-Threonate at night and Glycinate in the morning. This is the wrong way around. I’ve been taking the L-Threonate in the evening when I’m not drinking and it’s effects were marginal. So tonight I’ll take the correct one, Glycinate which is supposed to help with sleeping.

Sinbad

"Move"the shelves very left to the left corner. Your current design has dead potential cupboard space then you put a small L shape cupboard or book shelf under the desk. And very left where now a cupboard, you either put a wood panel for support or some of those nice modern steel poles/pillars to support the desk surface.

Edit even the top cupboard can be changed to a corner cupboard. You'll appreciate the extra space
They are right in the corner. Top cupboard goes right to the corner. This is the optimum they can do with their gear.

Sinbad

1631172454320.png

Top floor plan. As you can see, the work surfaces take up all the available space. The high level cupboards don't quite make it to the edge of a room but that's because they're standard sized units. There will be a bit of space on each end with open shelves.

1631172557295.png

Space under the window is taken by a radiator.