Threadkiller

Dave

Why the confusion with both pint and litres?

Legally it must be sold in litres, to placate the OAP’s they still include the pints.

Units of measurement​

You must use metric measurements (grams, kilograms, millilitres or litres) when selling packaged or loose goods in England, Scotland or Wales.

The only products you can sell in imperial measures are:
  • draught beer or cider by pint
  • milk in returnable containers by pint
  • precious metals by troy ounce
You can display an imperial measurement alongside the metric measurement but it cannot stand out more than the metric measurement.

Jings

Legally it must be sold in litres, to placate the OAP’s they still include the pints.

Units of measurement​

You must use metric measurements (grams, kilograms, millilitres or litres) when selling packaged or loose goods in England, Scotland or Wales.

The only products you can sell in imperial measures are:
  • draught beer or cider by pint
  • milk in returnable containers by pint
  • precious metals by troy ounce
You can display an imperial measurement alongside the metric measurement but it cannot stand out more than the metric measurement.
Off to the pub for 473ml does not have ring as off to the pub for a pint. Good thing it's kept the same for milk and beer.

Dave

Off to the pub for 473ml does not have ring as off to the pub for a pint

People would be pissed off if they ordered a pint and got 473ml of beer…

Good thing it's kept the same for milk and beer.

only milk allowed to be sold in pints is glass pint bottles, all normal milk (99% of what’s sold) is in litres and it’s only beer on tap in pubs sold by the pint, beer you buy in the supermarket is in litres eg 330ml or 500ml.

Jings

People would be pissed off if they ordered a pint and got 473ml of beer…

only milk allowed to be sold in pints is glass pint bottles, all normal milk (99% of what’s sold) is in litres and it’s only beer on tap in pubs sold by the pint, beer you buy in the supermarket is in litres eg 330ml or 500ml.
Oops, I forgot 473ml is the American pint version. So confusing.

Sinbad

hahah I just got a cheque in the mail!

A real cheque! Lol! How quaint :D

But I was able to deposit it using my phone's bank app, just by taking photos of it...

Kornhole

hahah I just got a cheque in the mail!

A real cheque! Lol! How quaint :D

But I was able to deposit it using my phone's bank app, just by taking photos of it...
Sooo can I come and open my kebab shop yet in your garage

Arzy

Yes...also remember calling a prospective girlfriend and the phone not being put down properly. Nobody could make a call from either line until the parents had driven to the other house and asked for the phone to be out down. Still puzzled by that.

Düber

Our first phone had a big battery that was fixed to the wall. A man came once a year (I think) to swap it out for a charged one.
It was also on a party line, our ring was 5 short ones if I remember correctly. I only got a cell phone late in the 90's so made plenty phone calls on "normal" ;) phones.