The Whisk(e)y Thread

Spizz

Yeah, I am not good with that.

Me too, with food as well. I can't sniff a plate and say 'oregano, thyme" etc. I can identify my favourite whiskies by smell and taste, but the closest I get to identifying anything is with red or white wine where you often get a fruity blackcurrant or mango type smell.

satanboy

Me too, with food as well. I can't sniff a plate and say 'oregano, thyme" etc. I can identify my favourite whiskies by smell and taste, but the closest I get to identifying anything is with red or white wine where you often get a fruity blackcurrant or mango type smell.
Or Guava (Chardonnay) 🤮

Sinbad

Picked up a laphroaig select on special at tesco the other day. Will open it when I'm done with the current laphroaig

satanboy

Could this be fake?
1633351750315.png
I found this bottle at Takealot, but cannot find it anywhere else on the internet. I have even checked the OG website. The closest I get is Samuel Gelson's Blended Irish Whiskey.

Spizz

Could this be fake?
View attachment 29020
I found this bottle at Takealot, but cannot find it anywhere else on the internet. I have even checked the OG website. The closest I get is Samuel Gelson's Blended Irish Whiskey.

Not that I know many Irish whiskies, but I've never heard of it. Wouldn't say it was fake though, they have a few different types knocking about.

satanboy

Not that I know many Irish whiskies, but I've never heard of it. Wouldn't say it was fake though, they have a few different types knocking about.
The distillery definitely exists, but not that bottle (even on their website).