The Whisk(e)y Thread

Neoprod

I'm down to a Jameson Special Reserve, Chivas and Lagavullin in unopened bottles.Some Greenore, Ardbeg and Jameson in varying quantities. I'm a really slow drinker so that seems a lot especially now without people coming over. Out of gin and wine though.

Neoprod

/sips 50ml JW Red in a 500ml beer glass with ice and water. Refreshing.

/not a connoisseur ;)

Have about 1.2L left.

Also not really a connoisseur but I learned the Japanese term for drinking whiskey (or any spirit, I think) that way from a Dave Broom workshop my more enthusiastic drinker friends took me to. It's mizuwari and it's how salarymen drink at the end of the work day. Weird, the things your brain remembers...that must have been 15 years ago.

powermzii

Level 5 and 4 caught me out... Ran out of everything and ended up completely dry for the last 3 weeks before L3. Never getting caught out like that again... Restocking in progress
1bf16e5c66b960140d999c9d7b7264b7.jpg

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

bigAl-sa

/sips 50ml JW Red in a 500ml beer glass with ice and water. Refreshing.

/not a connoisseur ;)

Have about 1.2L left.
I got taken to task on another forum for drinking 15y Glenlivet in a beer glass.

I always drink whisky in a beer glass :)

Spizz

I got taken to task on another forum for drinking 15y Glenlivet in a beer glass.

I always drink whisky in a beer glass :)

Hahaha, I helped my daughter move house last week and at the end of a day with no idea where the glasses were, I cut a plastic 500ml water bottle in half to have a whisky in it :p

satanboy

Hahaha, I helped my daughter move house last week and at the end of a day with no idea where the glasses were, I cut a plastic 500ml water bottle in half to have a whisky in it :p

Many years ago a group of us visited a friend after a long day of drinking. When we got to his place, he served us whisky. I dropped my 2nd or 3rd glass, smashed into bits. A few drinks later the same thing. He made me a glass from a 2l bottle....never dropped that.

:oops:

Spizz

You can drink your whiskey from a dirty shoe and mix fake coke in it. I don't give two hoots....as long as you like your drink.
Whiskey snobbery is bad mkay.
Well any snobbery for that matter.

True story. If you listen to the guys who actually make the stuff they will tell you that the way to drink whisky is any way you like.

I was watching a whisky podcast the other day and the master distiller was saying that his normal drink is Johnnie Walker black label. Funny thing is, there are any number of snobs in SA who kak all over the JW products. But yeah, each to their own.

bigAl-sa

True story. If you listen to the guys who actually make the stuff they will tell you that the way to drink whisky is any way you like.

I was watching a whisky podcast the other day and the master distiller was saying that his normal drink is Johnnie Walker black label. Funny thing is, there are any number of snobs in SA who kak all over the JW products. But yeah, each to their own.
At the moment, my goto whisky is a cheapie called
C&J :D