The Whisk(e)y Thread

Spizz

Seems appropriate to start such a thread with an inventory of peoples lockdown stocks. I'd imagine, like me, quite a few people are having to drink the good stuff that they'd rather have enjoyed over a period of time as stocks dwindle.

Personally, I have....

3/4 litre Ardbeg 10
3/4 bottle Ardbeg Corryvreckan
1/3 bottle Three Ships 5
3/4 bottle Bains 15
1 US gallon Chivas Regal

How are you all doing?

Snyper564

YES lets do this! @MightyQuin

Im more than good have about 12 bottles top shelf stuff (including 2x1l 15 year bains and JW Island green) and 1 unopened WB 7 year 3 ships (really dont want to open this yet - or soon)

Snyper564

Seems appropriate to start such a thread with an inventory of peoples lockdown stocks. I'd imagine, like me, quite a few people are having to drink the good stuff that they'd rather have enjoyed over a period of time as stocks dwindle.

Personally, I have....

3/4 litre Ardbeg 10
1/3 bottle Three Ships 5
3/4 bottle Bains 15
1 US gallon Chivas Regal

How are you all doing?
mmm corry had some this weekend the perfect weather for it, my wife was like what the hell is that smell I said ai it be the peat :)

satanboy

I would even drink Johnny Walker at this time if I could get my hands on it.

🤮

Snyper564

Wont lie, I have never tried JW Blue but I get the impression you drink it cause you have money but dont know any better about whisky loads others I would try before trying that.

MMMM octomore comes to mind :)

Think just to be clear this shouldnt be a place for snobs, I learnt alot the otherside and VAT 69 on is dam good for its price

Spizz

If it's good enough for the likes of Boris Johnson and Aung San Suu Kyi they shouldn't complain. Who else did you meet for a drink?

Certainly not Boris Johnson. I'd meet up with Hitler if he was offering up a decent dram, but I stop short at Tories.

Fun fact: Winston Churchill's favourite tipple was Johnny Red

Spizz

Wont lie, I have never tried JW Blue but I get the impression you drink it cause you have money but dont know any better about whisky loads others I would try before trying that.

MMMM octomore comes to mind :)

Think just to be clear this shouldnt be a place for snobs, I learnt alot the otherside and VAT 69 on is dam good for its price

I'm a fellow VAT 69 lover and drink it often.

Now I've had Blue a few times and it goes down very smooth and nice, but I would never, ever buy a bottle or even a shot of it. As you say, there are far better and nicer whiskies at a fraction of the price.

MightyQuin

Personally, I have....

3/4 litre Ardbeg 10
1/3 bottle Three Ships 5
3/4 bottle Bains 15
1 US gallon Chivas Regal

How are you all doing?

I have 47 bottles of Whisky. Mostly Single Malt. Some Compass Box as well.
3 Bottles of 100% Corn Whiskey
1 bottle of Sazerac Rye

Of those about 12 are open. Only one bottle, Sazerac, is below half.

So I'm pretty much set for a while.

MightyQuin

Certainly not Boris Johnson. I'd meet up with Hitler if he was offering up a decent dram, but I stop short at Tories.

Fun fact: Winston Churchill's favourite tipple was Johnny Red
Well he was definitely a quantity man, not a quality one....

Spizz

Well he was definitely a quantity man, not a quality one....

I reckon whisky choice, consumption and marketing has changed massively since his time and blends were the order of the day back then. Might’ve also been hard to get decent stuff in war time, but he drowned it with soda so maybe no point in using something expensive anyway. I read that he also like a bottle of champagne with his lunch on a daily basis. So I think he was into a bit of quality and quantity at the same time :D