The Hubble Ultra Deep Field

dabean

I first saw the Hubble Deep Field image in an Asimov non-fiction book (I forget the name). It said that anything fuzzy was a galaxy (paraphrased). That blew my mind.

Even worse was that the direction you looked didn't matter. It was supposed to be an empty region of space yet it was packed with stars. Pick a spot and look deeply enough and you'll see billions of years into the past. A starting "point" that surrounds us has baffled me since.

biometrics

I first saw the Hubble Deep Field image in an Asimov non-fiction book (I forget the name). It said that anything fuzzy was a galaxy (paraphrased). That blew my mind.

Even worse was that the direction you looked didn't matter. It was supposed to be an empty region of space yet it was packed with stars. Pick a spot and look deeply enough and you'll see billions of years into the past. A starting "point" that surrounds us has baffled me since.
Pronounces our insignificance.

dabean

This makes me think that everything we look up to must be the past (or a compatible version of the past). That means that the future must be down, i.e. through the center of the earth, the sun, Sagittarius A* etc.

That would explain why we can't see it, at least.

JacobCooper45

People say that time machine doesn't exist, but what is this then? We look at thousands of galaxies that existed before; I think it's a kind of time machine o_O. Moreover, it makes me understand that all the high-hat, the money people boast off, jewelry and riches make no sense as we are so insignificant in this world...