The Hortus Cultura thread

biometrics

Do I need to worry about these little guys? They seem to be on the leaves and not the buds
View attachment 11420
View attachment 11421
There are lots - and I see aphids too
You don't really want to use (organic) pesticides on the buds at this late stage. So perhaps just grin and bear it. Unless you can treat the leaves with a wet cloth? The snails you can remove by hand. Toss some organic snailbait at the base.

Tribs

You don't really want to use (organic) pesticides on the buds at this late stage. So perhaps just grin and bear it. Unless you can treat the leaves with a wet cloth?
I am happy let them live - I think snails are cute. And aphids feed ants and ladybugs - so no problem with them

biometrics

Think I'm switching to root vegetables this spring, too many above ground pests and weather to deal with. And due to having cats I don't use pesticides.

biometrics

Wanted to order root vegetable seed but some only available from October. Guess it gives me a chance to prep the overgrown veggie garden and my 11 grow boxes. Looking forward to a season with less pests, being underground.

satanboy

1632916232580.png
Xylaria polymorpha, commonly known as dead man's fingers, is a saprobic fungus. It is a common inhabitant of forest and woodland areas, usually growing from the bases of rotting or injured tree stumps and decaying wood.

Jings

Know anyone who's grown Jack Be Little pumpkins successfully? Is it normal for the seeds to be turquoise in colour?

Y2K

1634566365391.png

Bell Peppers, sown during winter, seeds taken from a Pnp Bell pepper if I remember correctly.