The Hortus Cultura thread

satanboy

20210211_131601.jpg
Anyone have a clue which chili this is? Planted it and forgot to put the name on the tag.

BloodrayneZA

ooooo now that made me excited. It's awesome when you watch them grow - apparently you can eat the flowers (I've heard stories told by my workers on the farm - they say cook it like spinach and it's yummy but I yet got to try it).

If you like zucchini / baby marrow, a single plant yields a lot so don't grow too many plants at once. My mom made that mistake and she was overwhelmed with the amount of marrows she had to pick everyday - half of her crops had to be given away to friends and struggling people at their church. In fact, she still does it with every other vegetable in the garden - helps people who are not able to buy food for their families.

biometrics

ooooo now that made me excited. It's awesome when you watch them grow - apparently you can eat the flowers (I've heard stories told by my workers on the farm - they say cook it like spinach and it's yummy but I yet got to try it).

If you like zucchini / baby marrow, a single plant yields a lot so don't grow too many plants at once. My mom made that mistake and she was overwhelmed with the amount of marrows she had to pick everyday - half of her crops had to be given away to friends and struggling people at their church. In fact, she still does it with every other vegetable in the garden - helps people who are not able to buy food for their families.
Lol, I'm germinating nearly 150 seeds. I've ordered another six grow boxes to add to the five. Then there is the refurbished veggie patch, about 12 sq meter. If I end up having to give food away, that would be cool.

biometrics

Think I planted some seeds to deep, so after transplanting them tomorrow I'll try again with those that failed, but much shallower. All in all the green house looks much livelier now.

IMG_20210227_180624.jpg

IMG_20210227_180644.jpg

BloodrayneZA

I was given these today by a friend. Will fill one with compost to use for growing potatoes

the other will be used for growing delicate seedlings like lettuce which is one I aim to grow. The rest will be free standing containers with onions and spring onions.

12FEF6B6-76FF-4177-8A2C-0D5AA15B47DA.jpeg

Tribs

Do I need to worry about these little guys? They seem to be on the leaves and not the buds
1614751484300.png
1614751506355.png
There are lots - and I see aphids too