The Chat Room

Tribs

Mmm yesterday I was so dizzy. And my glands in my armpits are a bit swollen. But feeling a lot better today.

Nicholas

Mmm yesterday I was so dizzy. And my glands in my armpits are a bit swollen. But feeling a lot better today.
Good morning, Tribble.

I take it that this is your immune system's response to the vaccine? 🤗
I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Nicholas

Do any of you know where I can buy a new battery for my Nokia 220 online? It has served me well for years, but the battery doesn't hold its charge nearly as well as it once did. [As is to be expected]

satanboy

Do any of you know where I can buy a new battery for my Nokia 220 online? It has served me well for years, but the battery doesn't hold its charge nearly as well as it once did. [As is to be expected]

this?

Johnatan56

Was reading the thread complaining about battery for house alarm, just thought about it and realized I don't know one person here in Austria with a house alarm installed.

Closest is one techy guy I know who has motion sensors all around the house, but that's for triggering lights and heating, though technically can be used as an alarm for motion that shouldn't be there.

Guess it's a difference that minimum income and stuff is high enough here that you'll always have somewhere to go if you want it. Think official stats were 13k without a home, that doesn't mean on the street, just registered as homeless but could be living on friend's couch, official like on the street homeless is 1k or something like that, but most of those are cases where they "choose" to be on the street, as in alcohol or drugs.

This contrast with South Africa, or even US, where getting out of homelessness is near impossible, just sad.

Nicholas

this?
Unfortunately not, but thanks for looking.

1636905108189.png

Rather than carry a smartphone, I take this with me when I go for a walk, shopping, or to the library. The Nokia 2 is an Android device, as far as I know.

This is what I carry on me when I go out with my family.

Last edited:

Nicholas

Was reading the thread complaining about battery for house alarm, just thought about it and realized I don't know one person here in Austria with a house alarm installed.

Closest is one techy guy I know who has motion sensors all around the house, but that's for triggering lights and heating, though technically can be used as an alarm for motion that shouldn't be there.

Guess it's a difference that minimum income and stuff is high enough here that you'll always have somewhere to go if you want it. Think official stats were 13k without a home, that doesn't mean on the street, just registered as homeless but could be living on friend's couch, official like on the street homeless is 1k or something like that, but most of those are cases where they "choose" to be on the street, as in alcohol or drugs.

This contrast with South Africa, or even US, where getting out of homelessness is near impossible, just sad.
How often do you see homes with high walls topped with spikes, an electric fence, or razor wire?

biometrics

How often do you see homes with high walls topped with spikes, an electric fence, or razor wire?
See very little of that in Her*anus. Generally only the complexes, but only an electric fence, no spikes and regular height walls. I do have an electric fence but it's for my cats.

Sinbad

We were out when one of our amazon deliveries arrived.

Was left on our doorstep.
69d1b1349e286c1b80af98299132b0f7.jpg