The Chat Room

Nicholas

Looks like the expression of someone who's power went out twice in one day.

What reason do you see for the anxiety?
Social anxiety. Frustration.

I get to go out to see my family on Sunday for the first time in months, only we have been invited out to a family friend who lives in Bushman's River. Don't know him well, don't enjoy car journeys [4 hour round trip], and would rather have spent the day with my mother and brother, had lunch, and watched a movie.

biometrics

Retro computing is the in thing. GUIs are passé, text is everywhere, and punch cards are where it's at.

Ada and Alan are popular names, and owning a Difference Engine is every computer enthusiast's dream.
I wrote my first line of code on a punch card.

Nicholas

The first time I used a PC was when I was invited to someone's house to sleep over on a Friday night. It was his birthday, and he had invited two other people. I played Centurion and Wing Commander 2. I also watched them playing Quest for Glory. This is back when I was back at school.

Jings

Social anxiety. Frustration.

I get to go out to see my family on Sunday for the first time in months, only we have been invited out to a family friend who lives in Bushman's River. Don't know him well, don't enjoy car journeys [4 hour round trip], and would rather have spent the day with my mother and brother, had lunch, and watched a movie.

The things we do for family...