The Chat Room

Jings

Spiderman is a Marvel character, as is The Punisher.

Must someone necessarily undergo something traumatic to transcend themselves, though?
Gets confusing when there's been crossover events between Marvel and DC universe.

Which superhero or supervillian has not undergone something traumatic to transcend them?

Nicholas

Perhaps it's a trope, just like the one that suggests every superhero must have a nemisis.
So.....there must be adversity and conflict for there to be a story that others will want to read., unless our character prefers not to draw attention to themselves. If they have special abilities, they may not even be particularly powerful or useful. For example, being able to unscramble eggs within 5 minutes of their being mixed. [Or, they may not use them because said power or powers are permanently dialled up to 11, and cannot be used without melting Earth's crust, for example.]

satanboy

Gets confusing when there's been crossover events between Marvel and DC universe.

Which superhero or supervillian has not undergone something traumatic to transcend them?
Wonder Woman
Black Panther
Squirrel Girl
Iron Man

Jings

So.....there must be adversity and conflict for there to be a story that others will want to read., unless our character prefers not to draw attention to themselves. If they have special abilities, they may not even be particularly powerful or useful. For example, being able to unscramble eggs within 5 minutes of their being mixed. [Or, they may not use them because said power or powers are permanently dialled up to 11, and cannot be used without melting Earth's crust, for example.]

Melting the earth's crust is a little extreme, but I see where you're going with that.

OCP

Spiderman is a Marvel character, as is The Punisher.

Must someone necessarily undergo something traumatic to transcend themselves, though?
"I missed the bus and got to work late-man" didn't get the cult following for just that lack of background....

Nicholas

"I missed the bus and got to work late-man" didn't get the cult following for just that lack of background....
All because his boss didn't fire him, which cost him his house, his car, and his family, and saw him descend into the desperation of life on the streets... until the evening he tried to mug Granny Eidelstein.

• Haha
Reactions: OCP

Nicholas

I'm trying to find an Android webcomic reader I once used. They seem to be anime-centric these days, though, whereas I prefer webcomics such as
these.

dabean

Trying to catch up is an exercise in futility.

Let's say we know each other, and leave it there.