The Chat Room

Rudolph Hart

I’ve asked my brokers for a quote, not sure when they’ll get that done. I’m the meanwhile, I checked the bond documents sent by FNB and they estimate the insurance at R395 a month. Why their own agents are now quoting me R725 is a mystery. Bloody thieves.

biometrics

I’m buying a house at the moment. Insured value is R2.1 million, and the quote from FNB for insurance (homeowners) is R725 a month. I’ve not owned a house in nearly thirty years, so I’ve no clue if that’s reasonable or a ripoff. I do know the salesman pushed hard enough to make me tell him to back off or I’ll take my business elsewhere, which makes me concerned that they don’t want me to have time to get a competing quote.

Anyone want to offer an opinion on that amount?
I'm paying R461 for R2.8m. PSG/Santam

satanboy

Can you actually price that at per square meter since it will be more based on location, number of walls, age of the building, etc?
Cost to replace the building.
Location isn't a factor unless it is remote or up a mountain.
Age of the building is not a factor for replacement unless it is a historical building/monument.

scudsucker

I love bananas.
This morning while awake due to insomnia, I learnt that banana peels are also edible:

Now I am quite motivated to try. I have a vegetarian friend coming for dinner soon.

Baxteen

its suddenly chilly today.
the whole weekend I was in shorts and tshirts and now I am in sweatpants and a hoodie wearing fingerless gloves

Baxteen

yeah but you are in the pregnant city. weather there is always weird. 4 seasons in the morning and then 3 more new seasons you never new existed in the afternoon. then when the evening happens its solidly summer.

Baxteen

I nearly engaged with a trumptard over on myBB.
I was there looking for the meltdown about the nuclear documents.
one thing I can say is the mental gymnastics his supporters are doing to keep defending him is more entertaining then all the sport I have ever watched in my entire life combined.

biometrics

I nearly engaged with a trumptard over on myBB.
I was there looking for the meltdown about the nuclear documents.
one thing I can say is the mental gymnastics his supporters are doing to keep defending him is more entertaining then all the sport I have ever watched in my entire life combined.
I would not enage with such dumb people. Anyone supporting Trump is truly a stupid person.

Must say since I left/banned a few years ago my mood has improved tremendously (excluding the usual life issues, but certainly not from a silly forum).

Baxteen

I don't understand what you mean by "pregnant city"
its always expecting something.
this was the nickname friends of ours gave to east london when they lived there and we visited them every december from 1993 until 2007

Baxteen

I would not enage with such dumb people. Anyone supporting Trump is truly a stupid person.

Must say since I left/banned a few years ago my mood has improved tremendously (excluding the usual life issues, but certainly not from a silly forum).
yeah 100% agree on everything.
I do go there for more news related things when I am working from home and simply trying to kill time. but I hardly ever post there.
way too many fanatics there. and quite often I feel my blood boiling from reading something that is posted there.
myBB is the perfect example of how not kicking out the one quiet Nazi can turn the nicest bar into a Nazi bar.

Nicholas

its always expecting something.
this was the nickname friends of ours gave to east london when they lived there and we visited them every december from 1993 until 2007
I expect that they were happy to leave.

I went out for lunch yesterday. On the way there, I saw a construction site with a few partly built brick columns, some paving, and heaps of unused bricks. Apparently it has been that way for the past two years and has already consumed R40 million+.