The Chat Room

scudsucker

I live next to a church. I actually like the sound of church bells; I used to live near a mosque and I liked the muezzin too.

The bells are designed to ring, on the hour, the time, eg 10 strikes for 10am, and a single strike for the half hour.

About 5 months ago, when I moved in, everything was fine. The bell was slightly off exact time, about 1 minute late, but I am not expecting atomic clock precision from old machinery. But it slowly started to drift... 1 minute late, 2 minutes late, 7 minutes late...

I spent 7 weeks away and on my return my latent OCD is severely triggered: the bell is currently 4 minutes behind the hour, but instead of ringing 10 times at 10:04 it rings 8 times, as if it was 08:00

How does this not drive the dominee (it is an NGK) absolutely batshit crazy??

EADC

I live next to a church. I actually like the sound of church bells; I used to live near a mosque and I liked the muezzin too.

The bells are designed to ring, on the hour, the time, eg 10 strikes for 10am, and a single strike for the half hour.

About 5 months ago, when I moved in, everything was fine. The bell was slightly off exact time, about 1 minute late, but I am not expecting atomic clock precision from old machinery. But it slowly started to drift... 1 minute late, 2 minutes late, 7 minutes late...

I spent 7 weeks away and on my return my latent OCD is severely triggered: the bell is currently 4 minutes behind the hour, but instead of ringing 10 times at 10:04 it rings 8 times, as if it was 08:00

Not at 5am.

The Church clearly running on Jesus time

Baxteen

the Dominee cant question the church. even when there is evidence that something is wrong....

Baxteen

Is the way the clock works part of church doctrine?
no but questioning it is questioning the building called a church.
you see on the internet we sometimes use words in a way where the meaning might be slightly different in order to convey humor.
but seeing as it is clearly your first day here I will explain it to you so you get the joke.

Jings

If you ever feel like you're not skilled enough to do what you're passionate about, just watch this video.

DA-LION-619

no real need envelope was sealed new card has not been activated yet.
plus I am going an extra step. I am leaving FNB. this was the last straw. doing comparisons now. that card will likely never be used as I should be with a new bank by the time the current one expires.
between standard and capitec for who offers me the best rate on the bike loan
Capitec still on the list?

Baxteen

Capitec still on the list?
I weirdly choose to stay.

I did cost comparisons and looked at benefits. and my use case.

despite FNB fucking up slightly. I would end up loosing about R3K a month in value if I leave for anyone else.
few days worth of research though.
and yes that is all in ebucks that I gain, but that is still value that I actually use every month. so not worth the move.
and all the things I do to earn the ebucks I would still do with another bank and I would get nothing in return for it.
never make big choises angry, do the work and make sure you are doing the right thing for yourself