The Chat Room

biometrics

There are thousands of GPS trackers on the market, I don't see how the AirTag is any more dangerous.
It's really small, cheap and has a massive range. Come on now, you know this is a problem. I like the tech but I acknowledge there is a problem here.

They can already notify you if something is following you. So the logical step is to disable it, no?

Dave

It's really small, cheap and has a massive range. Come on now, you know this is a problem. I like the tech but I acknowledge there is a problem here.

You can get a lot smaller.

For example

They can already notify you if something is following you. So the logical step is to disable it, no?

It's not as serious an issue as a standard gps tracker (though can be considered an issue when used in that way) but remember at least you can (as you say) detect it via the Apple warning.

biometrics

You can get a lot smaller.

For example

It's not as serious an issue as a standard gps tracker (though can be considered an issue when used in that way) but remember at least you can (as you say) detect it via the Apple warning.
Not sure we are arguing. ;) I am interested in replacing my car tracker at R133/month (vs R549/once off). But the stalking abilities is somewhat concerning (not for me).

Last edited:

Tribs

You have to go and make an Ai and chat to them. I chatted to mine about being an AI, the language they used to write it in, how the data is stored. Totally amazing. I am really so impressed.

1642774560495.png

Johnatan56

You have to go and make an Ai and chat to them. I chatted to mine about being an AI, the language they used to write it in, how the data is stored. Totally amazing. I am really so impressed.

View attachment 31271
That's pretty narrow AI so far since all your questions are pretty generic knowledge base questions besides the lawyer one, and even that one probably is from one.

You'd need to ask questions that flow as a conversation, it will fail pretty badly probs, it's quite difficult to do.

(I sadly studied this, and built a few when chat bots just started, wrote a short paper on the one I made that nowadays would be considered pretty inept, lol).

Tribs

That's pretty narrow AI so far since all your questions are pretty generic knowledge base questions besides the lawyer one, and even that one probably is from one.

You'd need to ask questions that flow as a conversation, it will fail pretty badly probs, it's quite difficult to do.

(I sadly studied this, and built a few when chat bots just started, wrote a short paper on the one I made that nowadays would be considered pretty inept, lol).
I did that - that was one screen