The Chat Room

Johnatan56

I thought your internet connection was faster than this. I usually get around 30mbps with my fixed LTE, though it does sometimes hit 50mbps.
That's not Mbps but MBps. In Mbps it's:

And I have no interest in going faster than that as <30 minutes to download a game like GoW, it is more than fast enough for me right now, I'd even generally be fine with 100Mbps. Only reason I didn't pick 75Mbps instead is because the price difference to 250Mbps over 2 years is <R300 or something, this is besides the upload speed difference.

50Mbps upload is the fastest due to the cable provider setting it up like that:
1642247232323.png
There are 24 channels at 256qam which is approx 38Mbps each, so line max capable is ~900Mbps, mine is config set to allow burst up to 265Mbps for down.
The upload is using 2.0 though, two channels bonded, so 60Mbps is the technical limit, and config is 50Mbps, no one gets more no matter the package, which is stupid. They should be on 4.0 by now imho for both down and up, but they're never going to do that as most users will then jump to the lowest package instead of upgrading since most even 10Mbps or more is already enough. The 250/50Mbps is about R700pm, last year in March it was R600, rand just crashing in value is great.

Nicholas

Good morning everyone who survived the weekend. how are we?

@Tribs: How is that HTML course on Youtube coming along?

1642405553959.png

I think this the longest bid document I have come across in my 15+ years of browsing through tender adverisements.

Last edited:

Nicholas

Katrina was the first computer game character I had a crush on. It started when she met me at the gates of a village. So flattered was I.

satanboy

Coordinated Universal Time ( UTC ) replaced Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) as the World Standard for time in 1972. UTC is based on atomic measurements, while GMT is based on Earth's rotation.

I have been living in the past my whole life. :(

Tribs

Coordinated Universal Time ( UTC ) replaced Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) as the World Standard for time in 1972. UTC is based on atomic measurements, while GMT is based on Earth's rotation.

Me too

Johnatan56

You don't know this? :p
I've dealt with time zones before in some systems, current system I am working on the previous user made an utter mess of it, took me nearly a month to rework that. Doesn't help that browser time doesn't necessarily mean the correct time the user wants to use for the system I work on...

satanboy

I've dealt with time zones before in some systems, current system I am working on the previous user made an utter mess of it, took me nearly a month to rework that. Doesn't help that browser time doesn't necessarily mean the correct time the user wants to use for the system I work on...
I know it now, I was not a systems person. Testing sure.

Sinbad

Sunshine, was just outside for a little bit, still cold though (3C).
weather report in the area says -3
Outside thermostat says +3.3

Finally seeing the benefit of being closer to the sea, with a hill between us and the rest of the country :D

Nicholas

It be gnus to me, too. What is the time in South Africa now?