The Chat Room

satanboy

Are they good at what they do?
images

Nicholas

Do you expect there's a possibility of a family member that you don't know of, a

Do you expect there's a possibility of a family member that you don't know of, and vice versa?
One day, your parents tell you that you are one of a pair of twins that they adopted...

Or

You have a DNA test done, and discover that despite some superficial resemblance, you are not related to the rest of your family...

Nicholas

I might do a road trip over xmas and take you for lunch... :)

Who am I kidding, I hate long drives. :(
If there is something about me you want to know, you could try asking Tribble: we have met, and also had lunch.
Otherwise, you could message me.
Beyond going to the library, shopping, and visiting my family, I hardly ever go anywhere, so the chances of me being in the Western Cape are negligible.

Tribs

If there is something about me you want to know, you could try asking Tribble: we have met, and also had lunch.
Otherwise, you could message me.
Beyond going to the library, shopping, and visiting my family, I hardly ever go anywhere, so the chances of me being in the Western Cape are negligible.
You have been to Cape Town - more than once. So it is not impossible.
@biometrics it would be worth the trip to meet @Nicholas. I have always enjoyed our times together.

Nicholas

You have been to Cape Town - more than once. So it is not impossible.
@biometrics it would be worth the trip to meet @Nicholas. I have always enjoyed our times together.
A long, long time ago, in a gal....... we stopped going away on holiday years before the onset of The Plague. I didn't go to the trouble of asking my brother why. Even he doesn't go away as often as he used to.

Lara

Hello Aunty Patricia!

Ummm......

This is why I did a double take when you said "her".

Trans woman, perhaps?

View attachment 30142

Getting rid of underperformers - so she is stepping down?
I do not think she'll be stepping down.
I'm hoping it was just the interview that was bad and that things improve. :)

Lara

That's probably not happening for another decade, Windows 11 exists so they can break backwards compatibility in terms hardware requirements, and then the design decisions I think is because they needed to justify it for users that don't understand that and think "need new thing".

Windows 10 still doesn't have the full control panel moved over and it's been over 6 years.
I like the new look of Windows 11.

What I do miss is the ability to right click a program, on the start menu, for a list of recent files.

Having the start button in the center of the taskbar is awesome. :)