The Chat Room

Johnatan56

Why do some people uses apostrophes to indicate plural words instead of possessives?
That case it is possessive, as in the person's Corolla/Bentley. And that case is if brand or car, representing the colllective, could have written Corollas' etc.

Nicholas

Why do some people uses apostrophes to indicate plural words instead of possessives?
If you mean what I think you mean, that is to say "One planet, many planet's", perhaps something went wrong during their education. This is just a guess, though.

Jings

That case it is possessive, as in the person's Corolla/Bentley. And that case is if brand or car, representing the colllective, could have written Corollas' etc.
If the statement represents possessive then the cars actually own people, notwithstanding the grammatical errors.

Bentley's slave
Corolla's slave

Am I taking over your role as grammar nazi?

Nicholas

1656162057482.png

Will this suffice?

I was thinking of things for my PC [maybe a giant leap to Zen 4 and a 4Tb hard drive] and an uncapped 100mbps internet connection, and a full-time job.

While I was out for a walk, I decided that what I would like most was to be rid of my mental illness, CMT, and epilepsy.

Nicholas

Good morning, everyone. I hope you are well and keeping warm.
I am at work, enjoy the warmth generated by our air conditioner - perhaps too much as my eyelids begin to droop. :p