The Chat Room

EADC

When you eat fruit, do not throw seeds in the garbage pipeline. Wash and dry them. Put them in a box and leave it in the car. When you are on the way, throw through the window in places where there are no trees. Nature will take care of them itself. In Asian countries, this practise has existed for centuries. That's why now their fruits grow everywhere.

Nothing grows in the desert this is pointless advice

Nicholas

I noticed a motionless rat on my way downstairs yesterday. It did not look as though our cat had been playing with it. I stamped on the step above it to see whether it would react. It barely blinked. Thinking it was ill or close to death, I fetched a bucket and a dustpan from my room, and tried to scoop it into the bucket. Only then did it react, climbing out of the dustpan and running through the gap between the bannister wall and the bucket, and running down a few steps before stopping again. I tried again, but faster this time, flipped the rat into the bucket, and put a lid on it.
I went outside and let it out among the grass and fallen vegetation on one side of the house, where it ran off. I wonder what was wrong with it?

Rudolph Hart

I noticed a motionless rat on my way downstairs yesterday. It did not look as though our cat had been playing with it. I stamped on the step above it to see whether it would react. It barely blinked. Thinking it was ill or close to death, I fetched a bucket and a dustpan from my room, and tried to scoop it into the bucket. Only then did it react, climbing out of the dustpan and running through the gap between the bannister wall and the bucket, and running down a few steps before stopping again. I tried again, but faster this time, flipped the rat into the bucket, and put a lid on it.
I went outside and let it out among the grass and fallen vegetation on one side of the house, where it ran off. I wonder what was wrong with it?
You’re having a better day than me. I lost the night adder I was trying to catch, and I assume that it’s still out there in the garden somewhere.

Nicholas

I had rats as pets when I was in high school. The first was an English Hooded Rat, while the second was a white one.

Nicholas

You’re having a better day than me. I lost the night adder I was trying to catch, and I assume that it’s still out there in the garden somewhere.
I'll say! I hope it keeps out of the way of you and your friends, family, and any pets you may have.

Back when we were living in Bedford, my mother saw a Boomslang in a tree in our garden.