The Chat Room

biometrics

Just after the earth cooled, I Hackintoshed for a bit so the switch was staged over a year or so. Basically came down to getting used to the keyboard after I walked out of the iStore.
Not sure if I should be encouraged or scared?

greg0205

Not sure if I should be encouraged or scared?
Encouraged.

The initial OS change took me a few days, but running it changed my mind about MacOS vs Windows forever.

Aside: The chips they've just introduced for the new MacBooks are absolutely ridiculous.

Nicholas

It's not the reason I am there, but it would seem to be how some people treat it.

Sometimes it reminds me of that joke where the neighbours are showing their guests slides of their latest holiday.
I can remember watching slides. We had a projector.

greg0205

New iPhone/Pad?
They did that last month with the iPhone 13.

New MacBook Pro 14" and 16".

Just mental pieces of kit, and I'm already sitting down and doing breathing exercises in preparation for Core's pricing announcement.

FB_92a_UcAEzPlY

biometrics

Just mental pieces of kit, and I'm already sitting down and doing breathing exercises in preparation for Core's pricing announcement.

FB_92a_UcAEzPlY
Meh. What's so exciting about that?

Nicholas

FB_92a_UcAEzPlY
There goes your biscuit money for the next few years.

Nicholas

I found the first two books in the collection on which the series, "Killing Eve" is based the last time I went to the library, and finished reading the second one yesterday. Enjoyed them.

Rudolph Hart

Had some fun this morning. The dogs were barking their snake bark, so I rushed outside to see what was up. They were trying to eat a length of irrigation pipe, which was making a bit of a noise. After I locked them up my maid suggested pushing the hose down the pipe to see if we could coax whatever was in there out. She screamed when it came out, I had my back to that end of the pipe, focussing on getting the hose down the other end and I spun around as quickly as someone with my magnificent physique can do while maintaining a certain amount of dignity, but I saw nothing.

A very scared and slightly pissed off mongoose is apparently bloody quick.

Jings

Had some fun this morning. The dogs were barking their snake bark, so I rushed outside to see what was up. They were trying to eat a length of irrigation pipe, which was making a bit of a noise. After I locked them up my maid suggested pushing the hose down the pipe to see if we could coax whatever was in there out. She screamed when it came out, I had my back to that end of the pipe, focussing on getting the hose down the other end and I spun around as quickly as someone with my magnificent physique can do while maintaining a certain amount of dignity, but I saw nothing.

A very scared and slightly pissed off mongoose is apparently bloody quick.
The irony, as mongeese attack snakes.
Cool story.