The Cannabis Chronicles

satanboy

1647584530679.png

Last edited:

satanboy

biometrics

Erm, uranium and arsenic and other nasties contaminated soil is probably not the best place to grow cannabis, surely?

Rudolph Hart

Erm, uranium and arsenic and other nasties contaminated soil is probably not the best place to grow cannabis, surely?
Cyanide was the main chemical they used for extracting gold, although they have re-processed most of the mine dumps over the years because the early processes weren’t that precise and there was quite a bit of gold left in the dumps.

biometrics

Cyanide was the main chemical they used for extracting gold, although they have re-processed most of the mine dumps over the years because the early processes weren’t that precise and there was quite a bit of gold left in the dumps.
Thanks, knew it was something like that. Really wouldn't want to smoke weed that grew in that.

Y2K

Made some Cannabutter.​

I Decarbed some leftover bud from the previous harvest and trim from the most recent harvest baked at about 115C for 30 minutes prior to making the butter.

Ingredients:​

• 200g Unsalted butter
  • 200ml Water (I added more to compensate for the dry material and evaporation.)
  • 45g leftover bud
  • 80g of trim

The process:​

Set my stove to the lowest heat level = 1 (about 35C) using a food thermometer.

Combined equal parts water and butter in a pot once the water heated up.

Once the butter dissipated I increased the temp and added the cannabis, keeping a very close eye on the temperature. (It hovered around 85C)

I let this simmer for 4 hours and 30 minutes more or less. I then used a sieve to filter out the plant matter only allowing water and the butter to collect into a bowl.

I then let it cool for 1 hour and then put it in the fridge overnight to allow water and oil to separate and giving the butter time to solidify.

The next morning I drained the water and allowed any excess to drip off while I cleaned up.

The outcome:​

Pretty happy with the result, I do see a bit of plant material but I don't think it will be an issue. In my next post I'll be showing how I incorporated this cannabutter into my homemade banana loaf.

20220511_120923.jpg20220511_120937.jpg

Next time I'll use a different method that involves placing the butter into the oven as the temperature is a lot more stable vs stovetop.

Last edited:

biometrics

Made some Cannabutter.​

I Decarbed some leftover bud from the previous harvest and trim from the most recent harvest baked at about 115C for 30 minutes prior to making the butter.

Ingredients:​

• 200g Unsalted butter
  • 200ml Water (I added more to compensate for the dry material and evaporation.)
  • 45g leftover bud
  • 80g of trim

The process:​

Set my stove to the lowest heat level = 1 (about 35C) using a food thermometer.

Combined equal parts water and butter in a pot once the water heated up.

Once the butter dissipated I increased the temp and added the cannabis, keeping a very close eye on the temperature. (It hovered around 85C)

I let this simmer for 4 hours and 30 minutes more or less. I then used a sieve to filter out the plant matter only allowing water and the butter to collect into a bowl.

I then let it cool for 1 hour and then put it in the fridge overnight to allow water and oil to separate and giving the butter time to solidify.

The next morning I drained the water and allowed any excess to drip off while I cleaned up.

The outcome:​

Pretty happy with the result, I do see a bit of plant material but I don't think it will be an issue. In my next post I'll be showing how I incorporated this cannabutter into my homemade banana loaf.

View attachment 32823View attachment 32824

Next time I'll use a different method that involves placing the butter into the oven as the temperature is a lot more stable vs stovetop.
Have you had edibles before? I haven't, bit scared of getting green and couch lock.

Y2K

Have you had edibles before? I haven't, bit scared of getting green and couch lock.
Yep, I've consumed them quite a bit over the years. Best advice I can give is to make them yourself or purchase them from a reputable source like that cannabis club in Seapoint.

People get really impatient and consume waaaay too much then blame edibles for being too strong.

Bear in mind that it's processed into a different chemical in the body vs when you smoke it.

Pace yourself.