The Art & Craft Thread

Tribs

Ok so these things I did, did not look horrible. So I will share.
IMG_20211221_071237 (1).jpg
IMG_20211221_071331.jpg
This is for a friend. I have not done decoupage in years. It looked ok - wasn't perfect. Sure he will understand.
IMG_20211222_130725.jpg
IMG_20211222_130733.jpg
This was our Christmas function for one of my clients. They took us to the Clay Cafe - we could choose an item and paint it. And then it was put in the furnace and cured. This is a sushi plate - so in case it isn't clear - that is an underwater scene.

satanboy

1642080496405.png

Moosedrool

What is that?

A material for example in a video game is a shader since it's normally accompanied by a texture, normal map, ambient occlusion map and specular.

But you can even build geometry with shaders. Basically a script that for Direct 3D comes in HLSL and for OpenGL it's GLSL.

Me and a friend will make a video about it tonight cause you have to see it to understand.

Nicholas

A material for example in a video game is a shader since it's normally accompanied by a texture, normal map, ambient occlusion map and specular.

But you can even build geometry with shaders. Basically a script that for Direct 3D comes in HLSL and for OpenGL it's GLSL.

Me and a friend will make a video about it tonight cause you have to see it to understand.
Using something like normal maps? Although I have only seen them adding detail to simpler shapes so far, and that in Blender, not coding stuff.

Daz Studio also applies a heap of different attributes to materials [diffraction, transparency, subsurface scattering, specularity, metallicity, roughness, etc] some of which can can be modified using values from texture maps.

There is a renderer called POV-Ray that, when last I looked at it, expected the user to construct entire scenes using some sort of code, for example:

1643653698717.png

<shudder>

Do you remember graphics cards first got pixel and vertex shaders?

Imagine your own caption

Last edited:

Moosedrool

Using something like normal maps? Although I have only seen them adding detail to simpler shapes so far, and that in Blender, not coding stuff.

Daz Studio also applies a heap of different attributes to materials [diffraction, transparency, subsurface scattering, specularity, metallicity, roughness, etc] some of which can can be modified using values from texture maps.

There is a renderer called POV-Ray that, when last I looked at it, expected the user to construct entire scenes using some sort of code, for example:

View attachment 31434

<shudder>

Do you remember graphics cards first got pixel and vertex shaders?

Imagine your own caption

Yes I remember. A standard material is a shader since it handles light bouncing. A better material is something like POM (parallax occlusion mapping) accompanied by the above.

Thing is it's mostly used for either that or some post processing but there's a lot more people do with it. I'm no pro by a long shot and is normally severely impressed with some of the stuff's quality when I get the ShaderFes 2021 video I just shot out.

Here's a VR furry ball for now:

1643661114701.png

But there's a lot more arty stuff in that museum.

Last edited:

Nicholas

I hope I can try VR before I die. That's if isn't bad for me. I take medication for epilepsy.

Last edited: