The 2021 F1 thread

Dave

If it was so terrible being on the wet line at that particular point, then the person he was lapping would also have crashed...

The person he was lapping stayed on the dry racing line, he really should have slowed and moved off the racing line to allow the lapping car to pass.

satanboy

Sinbad

The person he was lapping stayed on the dry racing line, he really should have slowed and moved off the racing line to allow the lapping car to pass.
It was right in between two corners on a very short section. He actually had nowhere to go safely.

Düber

True story. Normally I go to sleep after the start and wake up when the commentators start shouting... Didn't happen this time.
Yes, for the first time in a while I actually sat and only watched the race, usually I would have it on and read a book or be on the pc at the same time. A bit like when the cricket is on, you are watching but not really.
This one was exciting from the start all the way through. Very pleased for Norris, pity about Perez.

Rudolph Hart

So you’re saying he was lucky to spin off?
No, you’re the one fixated on luck. Everyone else seems comfortable with the idea that he misjudged - nothing to do with luck at all, just an action and a consequence.

Rudolph Hart

Point out where I’m fixated

What “everyone else”? Sinbad and I were discussing his luck or lack thereof, I haven’t notice “everyone else” commenting...
You keep calling it luck. Sinbad keeps calling it bad judgement. I am with Sinbad. It seems no-one else gives a shit.