T-bone steak is an over rated steak

Rudolph Hart

Agreed - I can’t even remember when last I bought T-bone. Usually stick to rump, porterhouse or fillet but also enjoy a picana when I can find one.

Papa Smurf

never touch it either, when it comes to cheap meat i start with a porterhouse thats been marinating for many hours in jimmys sauce and left alone at room temperature. Other than that i only do fillet when its on special. same method. this dry meat with salt and pepper just doesnt do it for me

BloodrayneZA

never touch it either, when it comes to cheap meat i start with a porterhouse thats been marinating for many hours in jimmys sauce and left alone at room temperature. Other than that i only do fillet when its on special. same method. this dry meat with salt and pepper just doesnt do it for me
Better than sex, ain't it? Lol

Spizz

I don't eat a lot of meat these days, but I was at a larney place on Monday and had a fillet that was the best piece of meat I have ever had. Absolute perfection, so melt in your mouth tender.

biometrics

I don't eat a lot of meat these days, but I was at a larney place on Monday and had a fillet that was the best piece of meat I have ever had. Absolute perfection, so melt in your mouth tender.
Are you allowed to eat it guilt free or does the SO give you the look? ;)

biometrics

Damn you, now I've gone and ordered Rossi's ribs & crispy chips take away while the housemate is in town.

Papa Smurf

Totally agree. It's my favourite when cooked properly. Ive tried a few times and its ok, but in a restaurant it is 10 out of 10. I have 1 friend that braais it 10 out of 10 and i have often just stood there staring how he does it. I cannot replicate it, but I keep trying.

one of our local Spars here has it on special every 2 months or so for between R119 - R169 per kg and then he buys loads and chops them up in portions and freezes them. There is no I am paying the normal R249/kg price