Stuff I Hate

Venomous

IT (or any) Helpdesk that immediately assumes that you are an imbecile.

You've hardly greeted and they ask "Have you switched if off and on?".
So here's one just for you.

Sadly our area fibre is supplied by vumatel. Though I pay another provider.

Fibre at home (also orifice) is on vumatel.
I email the ISP. Explain all my efforts or restarting and even resetting devices. Ask them to look on their side. Maybe they need to refresh settings or something.
Tech support guy clearly did not read and emails me. "I need you to restart your 'fibre stuff' before I will help you log a fault"

/face palm

I email back. "you either need to learn to read modern words or your comprehension is sub-par"

Success! He calls me so no need for me to call them :p
"can you restart"
"did you change any settings on my connection?"
"no, i won't log a fault if not restarted at least once"
"i restarted and reset the devices on this end atleast a dozen times before emailing. Please read my first email with some comprehension"

"oh, you should have said so"
Silence for a while
"your vumatel ref is 12234...."

/facepalm

ForceFate_

I email the ISP. Explain all my efforts or restarting and even resetting devices. Ask them to look on their side. Maybe they need to refresh settings or something.
Tech support guy clearly did not read and emails me. "I need you to restart your 'fibre stuff' before I will help you log a fault"

/face palm

I email back. "you either need to learn to read modern words or your comprehension is sub-par"

"can you restart"
"i restarted and reset the devices on this end atleast a dozen times before emailing. Please read my first email with some comprehension"

Silence for a while

/facepalm
Yep.

Tribs

/face palm

"can you restart"

Silence for a while

/facepalm
We are having the same problem with our provider. Took almost 5 weeks and threatening to go with the other provider to get them to take it seriously.

Venomous

We are having the same problem with our provider. Took almost 5 weeks and threatening to go with the other provider to get them to take it seriously.
I will confess. This was actually an amusing experience. I'm still don't think the (probably) new guy knew why my home issue got allocated to their business division...
/face palm
Between what I've help sell and am responsible for the provider makes money from that.
I think the other colleagues probably gave it to him for a good laugh.
Vumatel attended to my issue in less than 24hrs after he finally logged the call. (i think his coworkers finally felt sorry for him, 🤣, and told him why he can't bounce my fault back to the home division)

His coworkers would have emailed me the vuma fault ref straight up. Coz my next step up would be his boss, then their boss, then senior management, then the company owner (who's cell number I have)
I would never have waited or accepted a week, nevermind 5. Like wtf! Are you a masochist?

Venomous

Artichokes
Brussels
Liver
Kidney
Brains
Tongue
Testicles
DSTV
TV
Taxis
Tourists