Steers

sand_man

Is that one huuuuuuuundred percent or just 10 billion %?
I hope the former.

I had this memory it was volcanic rock but since I don't know what that is, I figured I would go with hot rocks. Good to know my memory is still great.

Must be UK - they're notorious for tasteless food.
Lol, I think let's go with huuuuuundred percent!

Nothing wrong with your memory at all! Well done!

Jokes aside, it could very well be UK!! I just can't remember huuuuuuundred percent....

sand_man

No that's not it. I think I just forgot what it used to taste like. I'm clearly wrong given the info in this thread
I'd like to think we still bring a decent product to market! But 20 years ago our patty could go toe to toe with the best. Now I'd say we pretty much on a par with the competitors (Wimpy, BK, MickeyD's)...

Our chip recipe hasn't changed in the 30 years I been at Steers. Provided franchisees follow the right processes and source a decent potato, we got the best chips in the country! And I say that with all sincerity!

Spizz

I'd like to think we still bring a decent product to market! But 20 years ago our patty could go toe to toe with the best. Now I'd say we pretty much on a par with the competitors (Wimpy, BK, MickeyD's)...

Our chip recipe hasn't changed in the 30 years I been at Steers. Provided franchisees follow the right processes and source a decent potato, we got the best chips in the country! And I say that with all sincerity!

Agree.

satanboy

Maybe you should go to the Tyger Valley branch and tell them how to do it....the one at the service station is even worse.

• Haha
Reactions: Y2K

Textile Guy

I have to say, I love Steers chips and those Mjojo burgers with pineapple ................ Steers chips, best in the world.

I dont do Wimpy ever. I dont like the taste of their food.
Equally, I dont do Mc Crappydonalds.

Over here, we have probably 20 takeaway restaurants within a 3Km radius of us, the yanks have choice for sure.
The choice ranges, from Burgers, to sarmies, to subs to - well anything you want actually.

IMHO, none of these compare to a good ol' Steers chow.

Y2K

I have to say, I love Steers chips and those Mjojo burgers with pineapple ................ Steers chips, best in the world.

I dont do Wimpy ever. I dont like the taste of their food.
Equally, I dont do Mc Crappydonalds.

Over here, we have probably 20 takeaway restaurants within a 3Km radius of us, the yanks have choice for sure.
The choice ranges, from Burgers, to sarmies, to subs to - well anything you want actually.

IMHO, none of these compare to a good ol' Steers chow.
Two of my favourite take away foods:

1. Pizza
2. Burgers

Pizza rankings for me: (excludes homemade pizza coz mine is the best) *pats self on back*

1. Toad on the road. (Yes they were weed friendly so long as you didn't get out of hand.) https://www.tripadvisor.co.za/Resta..._The_Road-Cape_Town_Central_Western_Cape.html

Nothing else compares (Debonairs is utter shit almost like they took the base and dragged it through a carwash then added sauce and toppings, Romans might as well be oven baked bread (Yes I've had this from more than one place)) and Pizza hut uses so much oil, that it just tastes really greasy. Bin Rashid takes Cape Malay style food and puts it on pizza bases.

Burger rankings for me:

1. Burger King (Big King XXL or go home).
2. Camelot (Biggest burger I ever ate) https://www.tripadvisor.co.za/Resta...tty_s_Bay_Overberg_District_Western_Cape.html
3. Game meat ie: kudu, ostrich. tastes so freaking good oh mah gawd.

Tribs

You can't even order an egg on a burger at Steers for the past 2 years.

Sorry Sandman, but Steers sucks. I've been boycotting them for over a year now (due to various reasons).
Steers is my favourite take away place. The Veggie and mushroom burgers - and jalapeno cheese fries. And the toasted onion bits. Actually Steers chips are the best. Though, if they could get the cheese sauce from Burger King - that would make me over the moon :D

satanboy

Nooo I love the Burger King cheese sauce - but would like it on Steers Chips. Don't really like the Steers cheese sauce. (sorry @sand_man )
I am referring to Steers.
I cannot use Burger King as they stopped serving veggie burgers a few years back.