SpaceX

spiderz

When is the next launch now?
Ship is still on the launch pad

Seldom Bucket

SpaceX launches a record 143 satellites on one rocket, aces landing​

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. — SpaceX successfully launched an ambitious rideshare mission as one of its veteran boosters hoisted 143 small satellites — a new record for a single rocket — into space before nailing a landing at sea.
The two-stage Falcon 9 rocket lifted off Sunday morning (Jan. 24), soaring into a blue sky dotted with clouds at 10 a.m. EST (1500 GMT) from the Space Launch Complex 40 at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station here in Florida.
Perched atop the veteran launcher is a stack of 143 satellites as part of SpaceX's first dedicated rideshare mission, called Transporter-1. The flight allowed SpaceX to flex its ridesharing muscles in a carefully choreographed orbital ballet as its flagship rocket ferried its largest number of payloads yet.
Acting as a cosmic carpool, SpaceX sent the bevy of small satellites into space alongside 10 of its own Starlink internet satellites. The mission is expected to deposit the flat-paneled Starlink satellites in a unique polar orbit — a first for its broadband fleet that will help provide coverage to customers in Alaska and other polar regions.
As such, the rocket appeared to launch straight overhead and into the clouds as it leapt off the pad this morning

TabacNW

What rocket was launched last week ? SO send me a video her brother in law send from Florida where he went to watch it being launched.

Düber

Düber

I watched it earlier today, when it landed the first time it was off vertical so I don't know if that had something to do with it.

Düber

It must be very difficult having your testing and development criticised and scrutinised so publicly.

Dave

It must be very difficult having your testing and development criticised and scrutinised so publicly.

I think Musk secretly loves the attention and scrutiny. What other CEO can you think of that is so personally involved in testing and R&D (and tweeting about it almost daily)?

Düber

I think Musk secretly loves the attention and scrutiny. What other CEO can you think of that is so personally involved in testing and R&D (and tweeting about it almost daily)?
I was thinking of the engineers etc. Musk is apparently very fickle. Not very many second chances.

spiderz

I was thinking of the engineers etc. Musk is apparently very fickle. Not very many second chances.
Must be very high stress job.
Boss: Don't make a mistake, the WHOLE world is watching. (while live streaming what they are working on)

Düber

They are not having much luck with the Starship project, at $200 million a pop you wonder if they shouldn't rather take a step back and think about the design.