Amazing illustration of the size of our star king compared to other stellar bodies.
The Sun is a complex and exciting body that was born approximately 4.6 billion years ago
- The diameter of the Sun reaches 1,392,684 kilometers (and a radius of about 696,342 kilometers). about 100 times more than the mass of the earth.
- Sirius, about 2,200,000 km
- Pollux, approximately 9,000,000 km (8 to 9 times the solar diameter)
- Arturo, approx. 22,132,000 km (15.9 soles)
- Aldebarán, of approx. 34,800,000 km (about 25 soles)
- Rigel, about 98,000,000 km (about 70 soles)
- Betelgeuse, approx. 850,000,000 km (about 650 soles)
- Antares, of approx. 975,000,000 km (about 700 soles)
- Star Gun: 425,000,000 km
Shine as much as 10 million Suns
By a strange coincidence, the diameter of Antares is about a million times that of Ceres.
- KW sagitari
a distance of 9800 light-years from the Sun.
its diameter 1460 times that of the sun
- V354 Cephei is a red hypergiant star located in the Milky Way. It is located approximately 9000 light-years from our Sun and is currently considered the fifth of the largest known stars, with a diameter 1520 times that of the Sun. If it were placed in the center of our Solar System, it would extend so much that its surface would be between the orbits of Jupiter and Saturn.
- This hypergiant and red star is the main star of the VV Cephei eclipsing binary star system (a pair of stars that orbit around its mean center of masses, where the plane of the orbit coincides with the line of sight of the observer), located in the constellation Cepheus 2400 light-years from Earth and has a radius of 1,600-1,900 solar radii.
VV Cephei is located at a distance of 3000 light-years (approx)
Absolute magnitude (M V) −6.93
it is the largest known star. It is so large that if we placed it in the place of the Sun, it would extend beyond the orbit of Saturn.