"Sorry we do not accept cash."

Johnatan56

Also, I forgot to mention but it's also worth just keeping cash for car guards. I usually give them a coin if they help with parking and take the trolley away.

Generally when shops insist on cash or I use the isolated stores (typically the oned owned by Pakistanis etc), I don't spend a lot, usually R100 or less so the R500 usually lasts a few weeks. Sometimes up to a month.
I actively avoided places with them, the only exception was marine circle in Blouberg because no other parking there, I would rather they go away so I can not have to pay attention to them as well when backing out, I managed my drivers years ago, I've managed to parallel park a hatchback a couple of times with ~10cm on front and back before in town parking (just takes a bit), I think I can safely reverse a car in a parking lot.

Think only thing I still had cash for was petrol attendants if washed all windows, but tbh I'd prefer to tank myself, I do it here when I borrow family's car for a trip (that was two months ago though), much prefer it as I can immediately get out and be served, plus I can control how far I tank.