Something you don't know about me

dabean

Creating or reading?

Listening mostly for now. Howl by Adam Ginsberg is definitely my favourite and never gets old.

I never really got poetry when I was younger. I've got a lot of catching up to do (reading wise) before I try writing something myself.

Tribs

Listening mostly for now. Howl by Adam Ginsberg is definitely my favourite and never gets old.

I never really got poetry when I was younger. I've got a lot of catching up to do (reading wise) before I try writing something myself.
Naah you can just hop right into it.

Mortymoose

Gee! I could go on forever and most would not believe the stories behind these three, but I have people that know me that can back it all up....

1) I once held 1kg of pure uncut Coke in my hand.
2) I was arrested the night before a Matric Final paper
3) I once had a bottle smashed over my head in a bar fight

spiderz

Gee! I could go on forever and most would not believe the stories behind these three, but I have people that know me that can back it all up....

1) I once held 1kg of pure uncut Coke in my hand.
2) I was arrested the night before a Matric Final paper
3) I once had a bottle smashed over my head in a bar fight
3. must be a lie, NO way that only happened ONCE!

Nicholas

Did you ever tell him?
Her.

I did so in writing. I struggle with speaking to people. As challenging as writing sometimes is, it is still easier than opening my mouth and expecting to speak coherently. She went from being civil to aloof [so as not to confuse me?] Getting how I was feeling out of my system was a relief.

Last edited:

Papa Smurf

Her.

I did so in writing. I struggle with speaking to people. As challenging as writing sometimes is, it is still easier than opening my mouth and expecting to speak coherently. She went from being civil to aloof [so as not to confuse me?] Getting how I was feeling out of my system was a relief.
Aaaah I get what you saying
Sorry it didnt work out
But you know what?
Something I was told in the 90s when I was in my 20s, living in Forest Gate, London, we were 17 people from all around the world and I remember this 1 Aussie, Merv, he told me, rule number 1 - You Dont Screw The Crew !! LOL. And it meant dont fall for someone in the house nor at work.

And he was right, Ive heard many stories of failed things here. It might be exciting at the time but statistically, there are very few people that have sustained a marriage from these events.

Nicholas

Aaaah I get what you saying
Sorry it didnt work out
But you know what?
Something I was told in the 90s when I was in my 20s, living in Forest Gate, London, we were 17 people from all around the world and I remember this 1 Aussie, Merv, he told me, rule number 1 - You Dont Screw The Crew !! LOL. And it meant dont fall for someone in the house nor at work.

And he was right, Ive heard many stories of failed things here. It might be exciting at the time but statistically, there are very few people that have sustained a marriage from these events.
I was glad to get it off my chest, regardless of the outcome, and you're right: workplace interaction should be strictly professional.

Sending the email to myself may also have worked.