Sick members

Venomous

The biopsy from my housemate's lumps that were removed from her armpit on Wednesday has come back clean, not cancer. Thank fuck! We were very worried. Some of you will recall Wrathex on MyBB that had a lump under her arm that turned out to be lymphatic cancer. So yeah, was dreading that it may be the same.
Great news!

And yeah most of us remember her. It all went very quickly...

Tribs

Welcome to the club! :(
Midway through ICU stay they started only giving meds in morning, so off rest of day. By tomorrow morning the "site" had dried so they had to do a new spot. Right arm was holey and bruised from elbow to wrist. Even top of hand.
Last spot was in the very meaty part of the thumb next to palm sort of.
Looked like my arm belonged to a long time heroine addict.

Left arm the veins collapse when they touch with a needle. (Old story already)
Told them that but they still tried on 3 occasions.

Lucky I'm a lefty :p

I hope you don't get the misfortune of needing a new spot daily 🤗

Edit: just coz the dr looks nice doesn't mean he should be a lazy ass
This is a different doc - and he was so quick I was not even able to ask all my questions.
Really annoying. But I am in till Monday :cry: and he can't even say if I will be completely healed by then

Nicholas

The biopsy from my housemate's lumps that were removed from her armpit on Wednesday has come back clean, not cancer. Thank fuck! We were very worried. Some of you will recall Wrathex on MyBB that had a lump under her arm that turned out to be lymphatic cancer. So yeah, was dreading that it may be the same.
Phew!

Lymphatic node cyst?

Nicholas

This is a different doc - and he was so quick I was not even able to ask all my questions.
Really annoying. But I am in till Monday :cry: and he can't even say if I will be completely healed by then
🫂

I hope you have something to keep you occupied over the weekend.

/Unrelated, but I once had a nurse try to attach an intravenous drip to my arm only to have blood seep up the tube.

Venomous

Welcome to the club! :(
Midway through ICU stay they started only giving meds in morning, so off rest of day. By tomorrow morning the "site" had dried so they had to do a new spot. Right arm was holey and bruised from elbow to wrist. Even top of hand.
Last spot was in the very meaty part of the thumb next to palm sort of.
Looked like my arm belonged to a long time heroine addict.

Left arm the veins collapse when they touch with a needle. (Old story already)
Told them that but they still tried on 3 occasions.

Lucky I'm a lefty :p

I hope you don't get the misfortune of needing a new spot daily 🤗

Edit: just coz the dr looks nice doesn't mean he should be a lazy ass
@Nicholas
See pic, drip in thumb and lovely bruises and shit on only a small piece of my arm. It was LOVELY. Not
_20210827_185620.JPG

Venomous

What an asshat.

But he does speak the truth. My mom's been battling it for months. Clear, back, clear, back....
Not sure if they are giving her wrong meds or if there is a trigger that causes it to flare up again.

biometrics

What an asshat.

But he does speak the truth. My mom's been battling it for months. Clear, back, clear, back....
Not sure if they are giving her wrong meds or if there is a trigger that causes it to flare up again.
Did your mom have covid?

Venomous

Did your mom have covid?
No.

And I hope she does not.
She has been using one of those vape goodies to try quite smoking, but she finds it really hard. And then all my shit went down, so she went back to cigarettes for comfort.

Can you imagine what it would do to her?
I know she drives me bat shit crazy and all that, but with covid quarantine I would get there very delayed.

Last edited:

emam

My lump in my armpit was my breast cancer......
Today, I'm 3 years in remission
(waiting to see if the covid vax stimulates my cancer cells)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Venomous

My lump in my armpit was my breast cancer......
Today, I'm 3 years in remission
(waiting to see if the covid vax stimulates my cancer cells)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Oh dear...

Hopefully it is not metastasised. Then you should be ok :)

Venomous

That's frightening. More than a chest infection, it looks as though it hits one all over.
While my eyes are still same as before, many have mentioned that they either need glasses or stronger glasses post covid.

Others have mentioned other problems.

So yeah this virus fucks with not just the lungs, but anywhere it can grab hold.

Some people go home, all ok, then relapse (not meaning like Tribs where it came and gave her shit).
I mean them Needing oxygen and all that again. And not everyone makes that 2nd round...

Tribs

While my eyes are still same as before, many have mentioned that they either need glasses or stronger glasses post covid.

Others have mentioned other problems.

So yeah this virus fucks with not just the lungs, but anywhere it can grab hold.

Some people go home, all ok, then relapse (not meaning like Tribs where it came and gave her shit).
I mean them Needing oxygen and all that again. And not everyone makes that 2nd round...
With a lot of people who die, they seem to be getting better.

Venomous

With a lot of people who die, they seem to be getting better.
I know.
I am guessing that's why the general ward staff were told to check on me more regularly.

I just can't begin to image...
Your family member begins to improve, day by day, starts to look like they could be out in a few days. Suddenly you get a call - there was nothing we could do...
Probably something you were told :(