Sick members

Tribs

If I watched them I'd probably end up smacking them.

I can totally understand the need to go home. I hope the meds work and that it never comes back.

Coz damn between everything that been thrown at you in the last 6-8 weeks it's now damn enough!
I would agree - but I see enough of it still in my legs. There is still quite a bit of red

Nicholas

The only part that felt like a dream, and still does, is Sun 18 July,. That was when mr and daughter were there after the call at 20:00.
I didn't even "remember that dream" for nearly a week after my drugged week.
(mr was called to come say bye and do last rights* etc)
I was stabilised around midnight with oxygen at 73. Bottom third of lungs were "flooded", so they couldn't expect better. By latest 3am I was in high care, connected to even more machines. Person that was in there passed away just after midnight. So room had to be sterilised first.
(this is why I say surviving earned me the privilege of the high care room)

I remember much of what drs did. There were 4 drs at one point.

I remember the arterial drip going in. That was fucking sore. Worst drip insertion pain ever. Apparently that's why they do the tap so they don't have to cause that pain everyday.
The other drips.
The stuff put into my right leg.
Dr bitching his drugs are finished "and she's not going down"
Insert of catheter
The everything
Only thing I only remember part of is the intubation stuff going in. Coz I passed out. But I was fully awake and not drugged when they took out the intubation stuff.

While family were there (feels like a dream)
Apparently I was being injected every 5-10min with a muscle relaxant as I would start convulsing
(I will ask the dr about this during my 6week check. I suspect the drugs were to make it easier for family to visit. More than for me needing it.)

Many other people talk about being suspended and being face down.

I was on my back in a typical hospital bed with my arms permanently restrained(unless they were washing me coz I needed to be rolled. Legs they restrained at times.

Apparently I pulled on the pipes and cables while sleeping.
And sometimes I would kick at them. I suspect they were touching my right foot.
There is a line starting near toes and goes most of the way to back of heal. If you touch it I involuntary kick out. It is a piece between where nerves are dead and the live ones are. I absolutely HATE it being touched. I can't even control the kick, it just happens.

*I have zero religion in me, but most of family are very. Couple of priests etc (fucking thankfully they were/are too fucking far or fucking last rights woulda fucking been done)

After I seemed out of danger and got my phone back, all the family on the groups were praising, and stuff. I was just thankful to be alive! So I let them be/do/say whatever...

I just didn't respond.
My ones cousin called me.
My response "agh, fuck whatever. Leave 'em, it makes 'em happy."
Him: Will you ever change?
Me: You want me to .... sadistic..... (I'll spare you all the rant)
Him: I'll keep praying for your soul
Me: Whatever makes you happy. Go butter your mielie.
Me: Bye now. Chat again another day.
I tried religion, really I did, different versions of christianity also. Tried for years. And the clean version is: It is not for me.

I hope that clarifies a few things.
1630242341748.png

Mad respect to you and to the medical staff who looked after you. [I feel that people attributing survival to their deity of choice is a slap in the face of the medical profession. Also an atheist. Mom, brother and sister followed me there some time later. I have always liked reading about the sciences, and this led to cognitive dissonance between what I was being taught at Catechism and what I was reading...]

I hope that you are back on your feet before the end of the year.

Take care.

Venomous

View attachment 28335

Mad respect to you and to the medical staff who looked after you. [I feel that people attributing survival to their deity of choice is a slap in the face of the medical profession. Also an atheist. Mom, brother and sister followed me there some time later. I have always liked reading about the sciences, and this led to cognitive dissonance between what I was being taught at Catechism and what I was reading...]

I hope that you are back on your feet before the end of the year.

Take care.
So you totally understand where I come from. Dr knowledge, Science, experimental science (mr signed), and my will to live.

I tried religion for a long time after school even. Went to study groups etc.

When I got told to leave a church after asking questions the priest/pastor/whatever didn't feel comfortable answering. Granted The question was emailed to most of the congregation after he declined.
And that didn't go down well with him or the elders

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

That was the moment I decided that between being the family black sheep and that fuck up... That I'll stop trying to fit in a square box, there are too many angles of me.
(by then it was more than a decade of trying. Was in school when I started doubting the whole theory.)

Mr sort of merged over time. Took him a few years.

Daughter is being raised with the most common bible stories next to other fairy tales. She needs to at least have a basic understanding of what her friends speak of. So to her they are just that - stories.
She will tell you out right she does not believe. If she doesn't know the person she has become good at dodging the answer, cos sometimes it's just tooo draining to take on what follows.
I always tell her if she wants to be christian that will be a choice she has to make as an adult. (her school follows a chritian ethos, classes are smaller and the teachers seem to be good for her.)
She is not christened nor baptised.

If JWs come knocking my answer is always that I'm a devoted Catholic. The JWs are then in a hurry to leave.
:p :ROFLMAO:

Coz if you say you don't believe then they have this "desperate urge" to "make you believe"
:rolleyes:

Venomous

They tried their best but couldn't get into a vein. So I am going to get pills instead.
You're lucky.

The only lady in the one room had her drip in her foot! No thank you!

I'd rather have pills or liquid to swallow!

Tribs

You're lucky.

The only lady in the one room had her drip in her foot! No thank you!

I'd rather have pills or liquid to swallow!
That is where mine was during covid. But I am here for swollen legs and feet - so no finding veins in those babies

Jings

Thanks. Apart from my ankles - I feel pretty good. (if you ignore the pain the needles and drips caused)
Don't forget the hope of going home tomorrow, with a lot less bacteria than when you went in.

Jings

She might have to stay a few more days. But that would be better than leaving too soon and then returning for another week or 2.
Hopefully the longer stay would be a neccesity and not only because it's financially convenient for the hospital. Worked for medical aid so know how hospitals prefer hold patients, especially PMB benefits.

Tribs

She might have to stay a few more days. But that would be better than leaving too soon and then returning for another week or 2.
If I do it is because I have spent the day without antibiotics. They still haven't gotten them. The pharmacy is downstairs and they were ordered at 5pm.

Venomous

Hopefully the longer stay would be a neccesity and not only because it's financially convenient for the hospital. Worked for medical aid so know how hospitals prefer hold patients, especially PMB benefits.
In my case I possibly could have remained in hospital another day or 2. I only walked/waddled unassisted 2 days before leaving. Was still extremely unsteady on my feet.

And I suspect @Tribs was maybe let out a little too early the first time, and there was lots for her to deal with and cope with.

The one lady in hospital had such a relapse that caused her to get pancreatitis. Apparently super painful. She was place on morphine.

So I'd rather hope Trib's cute dr errs on the side of caution and double checks everything before releasing her.

I'm sure this hospital stay is stressing her and her family. So better that there is not a 3rd round at a later date.

Venomous

If I do it is because I have spent the day without antibiotics. They still haven't gotten them. The pharmacy is downstairs and they were ordered at 5pm.
/facepalm

If hospitals follow the same protocols... Then you can blame the system.
This one the nurses had to scan the scripts through to the pharmacy :rolleyes:
Then the meds will be prepared and then the nurses need super smell to know they can go collect.
Problem is the pharmacy does not always get the script email, so meds don't get prepared. And if the nurses go there to ask the pharmacy staff moan at the nurses.
Like seriously - why can't the script be manually handed in?
Really daft.

Jings

In my case I possibly could have remained in hospital another day or 2. I only walked/waddled unassisted 2 days before leaving. Was still extremely unsteady on my feet.

And I suspect @Tribs was maybe let out a little too early the first time, and there was lots for her to deal with and cope with.

The one lady in hospital had such a relapse that caused her to get pancreatitis. Apparently super painful. She was place on morphine.

So I'd rather hope Trib's cute dr errs on the side of caution and double checks everything before releasing her.

I'm sure this hospital stay is stressing her and her family. So better that there is not a 3rd round at a later date.
How's your walking now? Are you able to walk a fair distance without feeling breathless?

Tribs

/facepalm

If hospitals follow the same protocols... Then you can blame the system.
This one the nurses had to scan the scripts through to the pharmacy :rolleyes:
Then the meds will be prepared and then the nurses need super smell to know they can go collect.
Problem is the pharmacy does not always get the script email, so meds don't get prepared. And if the nurses go there to ask the pharmacy staff moan at the nurses.
Like seriously - why can't the script be manually handed in?
Really daft.
It takes ages if you hand it in. We did when we were checked out - no lie - more than an hour. And they had 3 power failures so the systems reset before they could print. Tills reset too.