Sandbaai Geocache

Chingha

C geo is great, has various maps built in. Use the Radar function (GPS Status app) and off you go.

If the reception is dodgy then download the geocache in app and you are sorted.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

biometrics

After a decent two hour hike today I feel ready for this cache. It is next, just need to watch the weather... Looks like Thu or Fri this week. :)

scudsucker

I'm not very fit, and quite far (well CT... Cape Town is legendary for being far from everything, especially the Northern suburbs) from Hermanus but I'll come out on either day, if you don't mind a fellow hiker.

Bonus if I can bring my dogs.

biometrics

I'm not very fit, and quite far (well CT... Cape Town is legendary for being far from everything, especially the Northern suburbs) from Hermanus but I'll come out on either day, if you don't mind a fellow hiker.

Bonus if I can bring my dogs.
That will be great. This is a unofficial route so dogs should be fine. (as long as they don't jump up and lick me!)

biometrics

1640724626723.png

As per the Geocache description the original access was via "1" but it's built up now. "2" is crossing the border of someones property, and 3->3B is from the traffic light along the estate fence to a jeep track to access 3B. I've done 2 and next is 3.

scudsucker

Ok. The dogs are large but somewhat old, they don't jump. One of them doesn't jump at all, I need to push his butt when climbing mountains, either arthritis or congenital hip displacia has hit his back legs.

I took him up Mowbray Ridge on Devil's peak recently and it was slightly challenging. I used to be a loose-head prop in our school rugby team, but pushing a dog up a steep hill is quite an issue.

If the route is too steep I will leave the dogs.

biometrics

Ok. The dogs are large but somewhat old, they don't jump. One of them doesn't jump at all, I need to push his butt when climbing mountains, either arthritis or congenital hip displacia has hit his back legs.

I took him up Mowbray Ridge on Devil's peak recently and it was slightly challenging. I used to be a loose-head prop in our school rugby team, but pushing a dog up a steep hill is quite an issue.

If the route is too steep I will leave the dogs.
Should be ok.

scudsucker

I should have mentioned.... loose head in junior school! But, yes, lekker. Looking forward to a decent hike and meeting you.