SA Government Stuff

biometrics

Need to move these to a new thread, what do you call this type of thing?

Sinbad

What a fuckup. Cele still in place, and the new finance minister is a pension fund robber

Nicholas

His wife once worked on something with my employer, I think. Either that or she rented office space.

Sinbad

21ef003cd4d73b7c06d0cb871b82b3bb.jpg

efc2d8614c9031782e2ee04886ac837f.jpg

Johnatan56

Well this is bad, rand is going to crash again.
I'm wondering if Ramaphosa is being malicious on purpose, since if value crashes, more difficult for people to emigrate.

In regards to finance minster:

And also one of those who flew to Zim:

Not sure what happened to the original DA criminal charges filed against him, a bit insane that all he had to do was apologize and say he'd pay back the bribes and there were no consequences even after lying to an inquiry: https://pmg.org.za/committee-meeting/31517/

He's still being investigated by Scopa AFAIK.

He's also pro BBEE and wants to speed up EWC.

Not sure I am happy with State security going under Presidency directly, seems like an issue with separation of powers.

Water being split is good, but that department is utterly gutted, no clue what's going to happen there.

That entire shuffle was just overall bad, it also didn't include any consequences for anything basically except the one guy who will have criminal proceedings against him resigning so Ramaphosa doesn't have to fire and they'll probably try to sweep away under a rug. This will have an impact on the rand tomorrow probably, will see how huge it is as it's mostly dependent on overseas understanding who the new finance minister actually is, and if he is stupid enough to say BEE and EWC are a priority.