Robot Vacuum Discussion

SauRoN

As I said earlier, it’s been a few years since I looked at these, but is Roomba still around? Or is it just too expensive?

They are but they’ve always kind of been an America only kind of vibe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

derp

🕵️‍♂️🕵️‍♂️Anyone have concerns about them sending photos home/spying on you? I see you can get custom firmware for some that stop this. Seems like it would be more of a concern for the camera ones that take pictures over the laser ones.

derp

So, I wake up today and find the Vacuum Mop 1C on special from MIA for R3799: https://mia.africa.com/product/mi-robot-vacuum-mop/?attribute_pa_colour=white

This after I bought it yesterday from Takealot for R4599.

Takealot won't credit or anything so I will return the Takealot one and I have purchased the MIA one.

Would have preferred to deal with Takealot if there was a warranty issue and I was excited to use the robot today, but R800 is R800

biometrics

So, I wake up today and find the Vacuum Mop 1C on special from MIA for R3799: https://mia.africa.com/product/mi-robot-vacuum-mop/?attribute_pa_colour=white

This after I bought it yesterday from Takealot for R4599.

Takealot won't credit or anything so I will return the Takealot one and I have purchased the MIA one.

Would have preferred to deal with Takealot if there was a warranty issue and I was excited to use the robot today, but R800 is R800
When you log a return you can choose credit or refund. If they credit you you can request a refund on their website now, you don't need to contact them anymore.

derp

My Xiaomi 1C has just completed its first vacuum and I'm very impressed. It got pretty much everywhere.

Does it take a few goes before the smart map gets created with no go zones etc.?

And also, do you use yours on location South Africa? When I was setting up the app it said Singapore was the recommended location, but I chose South Africa. Do I get better features if I choose another location?

biometrics

My Xiaomi 1C has just completed its first vacuum and I'm very impressed. It got pretty much everywhere.

Does it take a few goes before the smart map gets created with no go zones etc.?

And also, do you use yours on location South Africa? When I was setting up the app it said Singapore was the recommended location, but I chose South Africa. Do I get better features if I choose another location?
Mine has lidar so can't comment.

Düber

As long as it is not like a cheap Chinese drone that (if it not reset) wants to fly home to the factory. :cool:

Johnatan56

It changes what server it connects to, that allows certain feature access/where your robot gets updates etc.

SauRoN

Nah features remain the same. Stick to SA other servers are very slow.

And yes it will take a few tries to map. Don’t know if you still need to turn mapping on under experiment features or if it’s baked in by default now.

Make sure this is on.

0df2bfe6067de92649ba1ec73442fb38.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

biometrics

My Xiaomi managed to get passed the magnetic strip at the top of the stairs and tumbled down a flight of wood stairs on to tiling. And survived. :)

Düber

My Xiaomi managed to get passed the magnetic strip at the top of the stairs and tumbled down a flight of wood stairs on to tiling. And survived. :)
Is this the first time it has escaped?

biometrics

Recommendation for a semi outdoor patio robot vacuum? My Xiaomi is more of an indoor robot. Yes I tried it.

satanboy

We couldn't figure out why the robot couldn't find the dock. "Error dock is not connected."
We have loadshedding atm. :ROFLMAO:

SauRoN

We couldn't figure out why the robot couldn't find the dock. "Error dock is not connected."
We have loadshedding atm. :ROFLMAO:

The amount of times someone has turned off the plug and I’ve had a fight with the thing to dock…