Reserve Bank Repo Rate

biometrics

The SA Reserve Bank has cut the repo rate by 100 basis points, or one percentage point. This brings SA's repo rate to 4.25%.

Badballie

Dont know if it is a good thing or not .
I know a few people that live of interest , stock markets gone to shit , lot of people are going to battle with all this shit going on.
Non of the above affect me thank heaven .

wingnut771

Dont know if it is a good thing or not .
I know a few people that live of interest , stock markets gone to shit , lot of people are going to battle with all this shit going on.
Non of the above affect me thank heaven .
i vote not good, my money market savings interest keeps going down.

biometrics

Trying to sell a paid property (now stalled) to invest in this property which is mostly bonded, and I’m saving several thousand a month. With my salary reduced this helps.

e4et

Same.
Only getting half my salary, so this shaves a bit off the bond.

Snyper564

Yeah, but you'll work until 70 due to kak retirement investments
Nah - not for me :) I have been saving and managing my funds aggressively, I save way more than I earn and beyond my bond I dont have a cent of debt. As promotions and increases/bonuses came, I tried to keep lifestyle the same as much as possible. Still drive my corsa lite and its going fine once house is paid ill upgrade that (car) cash even if it take another year or two. No kids in the picture yet so I can do that for now :)

Bandit

Yeah, but you'll work until 70 due to kak retirement investments

Nobody gets rich earning interest. Broad based offshore ETFs are up 20% plus, Rhodium has returned over 100% from the low of the crash.

It can go South quick, sure, but in two months you would've earned more than 5 years'bank interest.

My parents though are earning way less on their retirement funds. That's a tough pill to swallow: work your ass off for decades and then get screwed like this in your old day.