ReCiPeS

Jings

That would be French, great language, terrible at making anything except food
French as a romantic language is so cliche. Suppose it's a matter of preference. Can't argue with food though. Chocolate mousse is divine.

biometrics

fook off.

Diabetes is not caused by sugar. it's caused by pancreas that stop working for no absolute reason.

On the other hand, gluten and perservative allergy - wish I could eat that.
High correlation between obesity and diabetes.

biometrics

Speculation but might be a link. There’s people that cut sugar out and still have diabetes.

LINKS BETWEEN OBESITY AND TYPE 2 DIABETES​

While the exact causes of diabetes are still not fully understood, it is known that factors up the risk of developing different types of diabetes mellitus.

For type 2 diabetes, this includes being overweight or obese (having a body mass index – BMI – of 30 or greater).

In fact, obesity is believed to account for 80-85% of the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, while recent research suggests that obese people are up to 80 times more likely to develop type 2 diabetes than those with a BMI of less than 22.

BloodrayneZA

My grandmother has diabetes and is 93. No one knows why and she's never been obsese or overweight. She's quite skinny at the moment.

R

[)roi(]

Perfect Burger Buns.
Up to this point I've been using more of a brioche style recipe for a burger bun, with occasionally a variation of using extra virgin olive oil as the fat source instead of butter. Whilst it produces a typical tasty brioche style texture; it is not a texturally soft white bun, and tends to stale within a day.

If this has been a similar goal for you, then I suggest you try this recipe, which uses a combination of the Japanese Tangzhong method and the brioche style for what I think this is conclusively the perfect burger bun. The added benefit is that the Tangzhong method is known for making extra soft and fluffy white breads and buns and also does not stale so quickly.

Link to recipe:

This guy's site is a treasure trove of good recipes; If you like the buns, then I suggest venturing further... he appears to have spent the time to find really good recipes.

R

[)roi(]

Perfect Naan bread for curries
The perfect naan bread for me is called chur chur naan; and this recipe perfectly describes how to maximise the flakiness of the naan.

Link to recipe:
Chur chur literally means crispy and flaky multi-layered bread in Hindi.
The flakiness is achieved using a technique that shares some similarity with French puff pastry that's used to make croissants
Except with the chur chur naan, the dough is rolled out thinly; lathered with melted butter or ghee (instead of cold butter) and then rolled up to create the butter dough layers with a similar look to a cinnamon roll.

Whilst this recipe details in the end a paneer (Indian cheese) infused naan; the recipe for the chur chur naan can be adapted for plain naans (just leave out the paneer), garlic naans (cover with a garlic butter; my personal favourite), aloo naan (potato and / or potato pea infused naan similar to paneer).

Ps. if your current naan recipe is using yeast; then you're not enjoying a traditional naan -- this recipe uses yoghurt, but I also like the version that uses a combination of buttermilk and yoghurt.